Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HI all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have recently bought a few domain names to try and drive traffic to my wifes website. Consequently I have had a couple of dealings with Nominet which have been.erm...interesting.

That lead me to dropcatching, i have used a couple of services before snapnames (before they introduced the bid idea which sucks) something fly ( I forget, they were crap) and have just tried namewarden.

I tried checking Nominet site manually each day (probably half a dozen times a day) I missed one domain I was after CBD.co.uk by literally a few minutes (what would that be worth by the way?)

it then struck me that there must be something out there to do this sort of thing. I started googling and that is how I found this site.

I am basically looking for a way of (cheaply) submitting speculative applications for names i think i could use. That said if I caught anything with a wider appeal then I would have to consider selling it. ;-)

Very new to all this, didn't even (naively) realise forums like this existed.

Would welcome any advice on getting started.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!

A few folks out there have scripts that query the DAC to register names and are pretty hard to beat. Creating your own script would be one way to try and catch the names you like but be warned, its a hard game out there.

Dropcatcher have caught me the one and only name Ive tried them for (redcow.co.uk) so of course I have nothing but praise for them :)

I like to try and think of names that no other person would of thought of (dropcatcher slots being free would back this up) and build them up into sites that may be worth something.

Best of luck!

MDUK said:
I missed one domain I was after CBD.co.uk by literally a few minutes (what would that be worth by the way?)

Nothing spectacular :p

dp said:
Nothing spectacular :p

I meant if I made an offer to the new owner, they grabbed it and put it straight on Sedo, i thought it would be useful as it could be used as a shorter version of existing domain.

MDUK said:
Ah Mr Taylor, we meet at last...

:D Drop me a PM or email ( rob at rob .co.uk) and see if we can sort something out re: cbd .

Cheers,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom