Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Homework Help website

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by devilsrefugee, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilsrefugee

devilsrefugee Active Member

Hi guys,

I have recently launched a new website to provide school pupils and students with home work help.
    The blog is thin atm, but would love constructive feedback, not just on the design and graphics, but also any marketing feedback or anything!

Dont hold back!

Thanks for your time.

http://helpzme.com/

James

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Well-Known Member

My feedback would be to use a different domain - I honestly thought the random 'z' was a spelling mistake and secondly get rid of all your adsense until it's no longer 'thin'.

4. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

You need a new domain name, the one your using at the moment sounds like a joke site, not an actual help site.

Why did you drop a keyword anchor text link? looks like you're just posting for the link rather than anything else.

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Your sort of competing with the net if you want to know something then most will google it first? Unless a site has the answer or the experts on it already why visit it not sure it’s such a great hook in its present form? I'd think about that before a name ?

6. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Well-Known Member

Completely agree actually.

7. devilsrefugee

Its more of a brand name than anything and considering its aimed at young people such as school kids etc it has to sound young. May I ask how its random?

Thanks for your feedback.

Helpzme - I dont get how that connotes a joke feeling, but each to their own. If that is what you feel, then fair enough and I appreciate your feedback. Also fixed the anchor text worry. Didn't realize we are not allowed to do that. :)

I agree there is a lot of competition for Q&A especially with the power Yahoo answers and wiki answers have. However, I believe with the right marketing behind it, it and lots of promoting to younger people then it could compete with the big boys. I plan on offering competitions and promotions. Something which none of the big sites do.

I do agree though that there are some big competition, but I'm not overly worried about them right now. I've never been one to "not do something, just because somebody else does it". :)

Thanks guys appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinions :)

8. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Makes me think of cheezburger.com with the z.

9. namealot United Kingdom

There’s a lot of build it they will come mentality about when it comes to names and its just not true? Nothing wrong with giving away goods and promotions but its how long you have to, what it cost etc ..? Just getting people through the door is easy then what and what about keeping them coming back

What’s your hook something that other’s already offer ?No first to market advantage , no ready built mega following, no enormous database of answers, no experts on board you have to concentrate on getting the people that offer the answers set the question criteria for schools etc in they'll be able to offer definitive answers etc not just random guess’s, if its just giving away free goods just have a site that does just that?

10. devilsrefugee

Fair enough :) Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I completely agree it needs all those things. I would love to have people on board such as experts or teachers, but imo those people need incentives to provide (as you say) factually correct information. I also agree it needs a lot more content which of course I am constantly working on and looking at ways to improve.

With regard to competitions and promotions I plan on doing them per level. So, any level 1 users can win small things (say anything worth around £10) levels 2's £40 worth of stuff etc etc and finally level 7 people could win the biggest prizes (iphones, ipads, tv's that sort of thing). Obviously saying it and doing it are 2 very different things at this stage.

Thanks namealot. Plenty of food for thought there, cheers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  11. namealot United Kingdom

Many say never offer anything that is perceived to be worth more than the product it is promoting or return you will make as Tesco Double the Difference, Walkers Make It Rain, McDonald’s Free Burgers, Hoovers Free Flights etc all learnt?

If its reaching a level makes you eligible for a prize draw then the prizes need to warrant achieving it? If its number of post etc automatically get it type there is a reason it’s a car, holiday, meet favorite band etc 1000 entrants cost no more than 1000000, (kids with time on there hands and nothing to spend?) Giving away free gifts can be a minefield..

Maybe alot more reseach before you put any more time into it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.