Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How do you switch registrars if you can't access your current registrar's account?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'd had enough of GoDaddy, so I've moved my hundreds of domains over to Moniker. However, I've only just discovered that one of the domains was not transferred. I tried to log in but it said my details were wrong. I tried using the password reminder thing, but I no longer have access to the email address on the account for them to send the reminders to.

The domain is still in my name (a .net) with my contact details and my current contact email address in the whois. I just don't have access to the email account they send the reminder to.

GoDaddy won't help me. I just get templated responses about using the forgot password function.

How do I get this last domain transfered without access to the account? Like I said, it's all my details in the whois, I just can't get into the account to unlock and create an auth code.

Thanks
Mike

I don't see you can action the transfer without the email anyway as they send authorisation to this. I'd see about getting access to your last email.
Failing that you will have to supply godday with whatever ID they require to give you access back then push the domain to another godaddy user and have them action a transfer

godaddy to moniker that's just bad to worse. It never ceases to amaze me that people use these mono organisation to buy and manage their domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom