Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I or E before a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just wondering why some have an E or I before a domain?

just for example "ILOAN or ELOAN"

if you couldnt have the name you wanted but it was available with an e or i is it worth getting?

"I" as in Internet
"E" as is Electronic or E-Commerce

Some have sold for good money but I'm not sure they are generally valuable.

Admin

i before e accept after c......:rolleyes:

except in sheila's wheels :p

There are a handful of words like sheila that e goes before i, I can't remember them tho :(

I think some of them are more Brandable rather than Valuable, some recent nice ones that may have dropped now was like iLondon.

I have 2 where I have branded the I as interactive rather than internet :)

except in sheila's wheels :p

There are a handful of words like sheila that e goes before i, I can't remember them tho :(

I think some of them are more Brandable rather than Valuable, some recent nice ones that may have dropped now was like iLondon.

I have 2 where I have branded the I as interactive rather than internet :)

yes apparently schools cannot use this saying now because it is only about 90% true.....i will still use it though

anyway what's wrong with "e" names i have two "eminibus" and "etaxi" which i am having a directory on(when i have time)

just wondering why some have an E or I before a domain?

just for example "ILOAN or ELOAN"

if you couldnt have the name you wanted but it was available with an e or i is it worth getting?

If you can't reg the generic, then you still want the domain as short as possible, and e and i before are half decent. My own one is etraveldeals.co.uk. I also think they're quite brandable.

Rgds

I have been a fan of the e and i prefix names for a while, got quite a few of them, and they do sell (sometimes for quite handsome prices) contray to what a few believe... Here's a few sales, courtesy of domainprices:

e-Baby.co.uk £ 4,500
e-Clear.co.uk £ 750
e-Database.co.uk £ 916
E-Radio.co.uk £ 2,604
eBaby.co.uk £ 15,000
eBookReader.co.uk £ 1,750
eBoss.co.uk £ 500
ebuddy.co.uk £ 1,750
eCommerces.co.uk £ 250
eCompare.co.uk £ 1,000
eCoupons.co.uk £ 6,495
eDreams.co.uk £ 811
eFile.co.uk £ 800
eFragrance.co.uk £ 1,000
eGay.co.uk £ 6,897
ePets.co.uk £ 3,000
ePlants.co.uk £ 850
eProperty.co.uk £ 3,600
eRadio.co.uk £ 890
eSalon.co.uk £ 7,775
eShares.co.uk £ 10,000
eStuff.co.uk £ 500
eWay.co.uk £ 2,500
eWeddings.co.uk £ 700

i-Free.co.uk £ 350
i-Marketing.co.uk £ 500
i-red.co.uk £ 850
iGame.co.uk £ 2,000
iGame.co.uk £ 760
iGroove.co.uk £ 500
iMovies.co.uk £ 811
iPets.co.uk £ 500
iPlanner.co.uk £ 3,500
iProfiles.co.uk £ 1,950
Irentals.co.uk £ 600

Deleted my post so it doesn't show on Google.

Last edited:
Just thinking what a great sale eSalon.co.uk was for 7.5k.

Rgds

Quite a few pretty impressive sales on that list earlier in the thread.

I purchased efine.co.uk a while back thinking along the lines of electronic fines/online payments for fines, I wish that was on the list at £500+ :)

I recently bought iNewquay.com and iNewquay.co.uk I plan to setup a hotel review site type thing dedicated to Newquay, just gotta get my finger out my butt and get working on it ;)

I recently bought iNewquay.com and iNewquay.co.uk I plan to setup a hotel review site type thing dedicated to Newquay, just gotta get my finger out my butt and get working on it ;)

Newquay was featured on the One Show recently where it was investigating the situation with regard to young drinkers, particularly in the light of recent tragedies where young people have fallen off the cliffs.

The local accommodation providers were saying they would much prefer to provide for higher spending and better behaved family visitors, so if you can build a site like that they will love you for it.

Rgds

Hmmm, I was just thinking of something like trip advisor... I didn't really have any specific plans in mind for targeting a specific 'type' of visitor. Problem is, Newquay is built around that industry - a lot of their income comes from stag and hen parties and young pissheads. I don't think they will be able to phase them out without killing a lot of businesses.

Looking at them sales number, I think the new rule is E before I except when you want to make less money :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom