Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Complete Last Call: Sunday, May 19th Acorn Domains will remove all 10+ years 0 posts/comments accounts!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Sunday, May 19th Acorn Domains will remove all 10+ years 0 posts/comments accounts!

We're cleaning up inactive accounts to make Acorn Domains a more vibrant space and focus on quality over quantity.

What does it mean:
* Accounts with 0 posts/comments after 10+ years may be removed.
* Accounts registered with temporary email addresses will be removed.
* Potentially affects 6149 Acorn Domains members.

To stay active: participate in discussions, share insights, or update your profile!

Thank you,
The Acorn Domains Team

Just out of interest…

Do you genuinely believe this many members exist:
* Accounts registered with temporary email addresses will be removed.
* Potentially affects 6149 Acorn Domains members.

Surely if they all have “temporary email addresses” then they must have been created by bots or scripts?

I don’t say that to be derogatory or to suggest most of your stats must be inflated. We face the same issue of bots creating accounts even when using a CAPTCHA.

You need to look for a forum plugin that blocks bots using temporary email addresses. You will find a list disposal email domains on GitHub.

Realisticly there isn’t more than a few hundred people active on Acorndomains?

Just out of interest…

Surely if they all have “temporary email addresses” then they must have been created by bots or scripts?

I don’t say that to be derogatory or to suggest most of your stats must be inflated. We face the same issue of bots creating accounts even when using a CAPTCHA.

You need to look for a forum plugin that blocks bots using temporary email addresses. You will find a list disposal email domains on GitHub.

Maybe that many folks got an Acorn membership in their Christmas stocking like you did!

39% of Acorn membership is inactive junk? ouch.

Could be worse, had similar message saying 420,000 'users' of DNForum are basically inactive junk. That is 90% ! ( claims 466,320 members)

Ten years is a very generous cut-off so nobody can complain.

Like @Whois-Search, I would be surprised if there were more than a few hundred genuinely active members.

Just out of interest…

The number mentioned is: users registered till 16 May 2014, who have 0 Messages, no questions solved and no trophy points (likes etc):
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 13.35.17.png

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 13.35.29.png

The beauty of Xenforo > it allows to sort out user in many interesting ways.

--

Users with disposable emails are not included in this number.

Best wishes! Helmuts

39% of Acorn membership is inactive junk? ouch.

Could be worse, had similar message saying 420,000 'users' of DNForum are basically inactive junk. That is 90% ! ( claims 466,320 members)

Yep, this is the reality. Sadly.

Number look nice, of course, though, telling lies to oneself doesn't help anybody.

Ten years is a very generous cut-off so nobody can complain.

Like @Whois-Search, I would be surprised if there were more than a few hundred genuinely active members.

Last time I checked the number it was around 920 or 980 users. This seems to be the real active user number (we did lots of tests and analysys in the time frame of last 12 months). .. if my memory doesn't fail me (ocasionally does) :)

Holy smokes, has it been that long since I was here last?!?!? Did anyone miss me? Ha...didn't think so. Nice to be back nonetheless.

Holy smokes, has it been that long since I was here last?!?!? Did anyone miss me? Ha...didn't think so. Nice to be back nonetheless.

Welcome back Vincent! .. btw, you have an awesome linkedin cover photo!

I'm here too. I had forgot about this forum. Hell, it's more active than DNF. Does Rob have some kind of stake in this forum as well? I like it says that I am a new member.

I'm here too. I had forgot about this forum. Hell, it's more active than DNF. Does Rob have some kind of stake in this forum as well? I like it says that I am a new member.

No Robs have stakes here :D .. nor at DNF. .. single owner. :) have a great weekend!

This process is complete. 6143 user accounts have been removed. Current user count: 10,670 (still to be cleaned).
How big do you estimate the UK domain industry to be (number of people)?

Nominet for currently has 2192 members
The vast majority of those won’t be here…

Nominet currently had 2815 registrars
The vast majority of those won’t be here…

How many acorn members have (1) a valid email address (2) logged in during the last 30 days (3) made a post which is not spam?

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom