20i Domains

Individual

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by olebean, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olebean

olebean Well-Known Member

MishMash

I had read your thread, surprise surprise, some of my domains are regged with them, some with uk2. Some other domains I believed I regged as an individual, they don't appear as such in the whois.....

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. olebean

Further update, they refuse to acknowledge that planning is acceptable criteria for a uk individual, despite what it says in their T&C.... One can only hazzard a guess why!

As of tomorrow, I'll let the authories decide..

4. Jac

Jac Active Member

olebean...

PM me with the domain or email james@conaghan.me.uk. Without knowing the domain or whether it pointed at a PPC site (for instance) I can't give you an explanation vis-a-vis the rules for opt-out.

Also, can you please PM me your surname for the meeting on the 22nd June. Just need to confirm names to Nominet. Who knows... you might even get your own place setting! :cool:

Regards
    James Conaghan

5. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Retired Member

Captain Cook ?

6. olebean

James

Thank you for that, Nominet have made their position clear. Not from one source but several, that included what is suggested as taking the opinion of a Nominet Solicitor.

I take this exceptionally seriously, it appears to be wholesale harassment, including issues to do with child protection and apparent exploitation of my individual rights. Whether or not you can do something really doesn't interest, I am now more concern with these aforementioned issues and ensuring that Nominet installs correct procedures and terms to ensure this does not occur to someone else as well as an apology!

As you can perhaps tell I am furious.

7. Jac

Jac Active Member

The only thing anger does for you is waste your precious moments. Don't get angry, get even. If you think you have a legitimate standpoint it may help to discuss it with someone who has studied Nominet's rules and regulations till I wake up at night screaming! (Well... that's a slight exaggeration.)

The point is, I don't know what you are ranting on about vis-a-vis child protection issues? So if you want to, PM me and I'll give you a fair and objective appraisal of your situation. If not, I'll see you on the 22nd June when, no doubt, you will have a chance to put your grievances one to one.

Regards
    James Conaghan

8. olebean

Jac

This will not distracted me from my original intentions for next week, and I have no intention in bringing this issue to the table or discussing it next week.

I have taken the advise of my solicitor and actioned accordingly

9. olebean

I recieved this this morning

If you want to make any changes to the registrant details that are
    associated with your domain names, and you are sure that these changes
    comply with the rules for domain name registration and our terms and
    conditions then you are free to make these updates via your registration
    agent

Not happy at all cheeky t****, the question of liability and acceptance of rights far greater...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  10. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

Don't your emails from Nominet come with the following in them?

That would imply to me that they are not meant to be disseminated on a message board and, given that Nominet overtly participate here, I just thought you might want to remove the actual quotes from your posts?

• Like Like x 1
  11. olebean

Edwin

I disagree on the point thanks for the heads up

OB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.