Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Just A Quickie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Domain renewal after the 30/40 days on a .co.uk, what's the proceadure is it still yours and renewable right up to the 91?

So going by the below statement, how much is it during suspension to renew?

If the renewal fee is not received within the specified credit terms (30 days from the date of the invoice) the domain will be suspended for 60 days. This means that the domain name and all associated services will stop working. After the 60 day suspension period the domain name will be cancelled and will then be available for re-registration by someone else. At any point during the suspension of the domain name you or your registration agent can renew the domain name.

Nominet charges its members the same fee for the registration and renewal of a domain name. Each two-year period is charged at the current fee level.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/renew/

LeeOwen said:
Domain renewal after the 30/40 days on a .co.uk, what's the proceadure is it still yours and renewable right up to the 91?

So going by the below statement, how much is it during suspension to renew?

The domain remains yours upto the time of deletion. Assuming the Tag Holder hasn't detagged the name you would only pay what they usually charge for the renewal and that includes time up to and including the last day of suspension.

So, for instance, if you get charged say 10 quid for a renewal by your Tag Holder that's all you should have to pay (unless they have clauses on late payment in their Ts&Cs).

Regards
James Conaghan

So for a tag holder it's normal cost so in effect they can be late paying by 90 days. Cushdy having a tag aint it, register for free, drop for free and pay late on renewal. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Lee

LeeOwen said:
So for a tag holder it's normal cost so in effect they can be late paying by 90 days. Cushdy having a tag aint it, register for free, drop for free and pay late on renewal. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that.

Cheers
Lee

mmmm... not sure if you're being facetious Lee... but it's also cushdy for the registrant too if you're looking at it like that. :cool: But these renewals still have to be paid for (eventually) afore you can use the suspended domains again.

Having said that, most ordinary registrants keep a domain parked, use it just for email, or have a website attached too. It wouldn't seem to be in their interests to lose their email service if they are using the domain for personal or business purposes.

Regards
James Conaghan

Yes but a lot of tag holders don't. I was just stating how many freebies and giveways you get by being a tag holder, it's worth the fee just to give yourself 90 days credit. I actually just wanted to know cost of renewal during suspension. ;)

On another tangent I just got this from 123-reg after I posted the initial thread:

Dear Customer,

According to our system the following domain(s) have not been
renewed via 123-reg.co.uk and the expiry date(s) have passed.

You have not chosen to renew them through your 123-reg control
panel (username) and we were unable to auto-renew them
so the domain(s) will shortly be detagged.

This means that 123-reg will no longer be able to manage the
domain and your website and email will stop working. To restore
service you will have to contact Nominet UK.

If you no longer require the domain and would like it cancelled
you should login to your 123-reg control panel and mark it for
cancellation. Doing so will prevent any further deletion notices
being sent for this domain.

Should you require more information, please don't hesitate to
contact us.

Best Wishes,

123-reg.co.uk
[email protected]

They're all so eager to delete. My reply was

Hang on, I've got 30 to 90 days, let's not start getting silly, they will be renewed shortly.

Cheers
Lee

LeeOwen said:
Yes but a lot of tag holders don't. I was just stating how many freebies and giveways you get by being a tag holder, it's worth the fee just to give yourself 90 days credit. I actually just wanted to know cost of renewal during suspension. ;)

On another tangent I just got this from 123-reg after I posted the initial thread:

Dont worry, I still get those from 123-reg for domains that have been deleted and are now free to register.

So they're worthless emails? I just don't need them deleted, that's all. domaindiscount24 did that to one of mine and it was still within renewal period, at some point they removed the ability to renew after the renew date and now just delete them, they obviously don't like money, ******s.

Yep I have never had any names detagged by them and have dropped 20-30 names last couple months

LeeOwen said:

Ah... well.... that is 123Reg (the company) exercising its legal right to its own business model. Nominet does not dictate to its tag holders how they should write their terms and conditions or indeed how they run their businesses.

Technically speaking, the minute a domain name expires, there is no longer a contract between Nominet and the Registrant (until it is renewed) and in the case of .coms, the various Top Level Registrars do all sorts of stuff like suspend, add charges, or even usurp domains, depending how many days overdue the renewal is.

At least with Nominet, you know the name is safe for another 90 days if you forget, haven't got the renewal fee right there and then, or haven't made your mind up if you really really want that particular domain. That's just another reason why I like Nominet's business model better than Verisign's.

Regards
James Conaghan

Last edited:
Nismo said:
Dont worry, I still get those from 123-reg for domains that have been deleted and are now free to register.
i get them from 123 for domains i dont own any more - might change so registrant details via email see what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom