Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Laying in bed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat

Reaction score
Playing one of the original Monkey Islands :cool:

Living the life... living the life... :cool:

monkeyislandwide.jpg

What are your favs? I have Maniac Mansion and Day Of The Tentacle but on the look out for others to bring back the memories!

I always used to love Flashback in the megadrive. It was ahead of its time!! Olympic Gold was decent too. It was kinda naff in a way, but we used to have competitions with about 4 or 5 of us, which was good fun.

M.U.L.E. on the C64. Played it on an emulator a few years ago, and it was still great then!

What a life :) I was a monkey island fanatic. I loved it.

Still never found a game that can compete :) I felt really clever when I finally worked something out. I'm off to find a monkey island torrent download now :)
Guybrush Threepwood :)

Speccie: Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Knightlore, Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf, Fairlight
C64: Raid over Moscow, Beach Head II, Paradroid, Kung Fu Master, Boulderdash, Commando, Thrust

old stuff.

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam + Max
Monkey Island (all of them)
Broken sword (all of them)

Newer stuff:

Splinter cell (all but the last one, new ones suposed to be good)
Call of duty, modern warfare and medal of honour .
Assins Creed 2

:)

you can d/load all the monkey islands and loads of other classics on the wii ;)

Forgot about Sam + Max!! :cool:

old stuff.

Day Of The Tentacle
Sam + Max
Monkey Island (all of them)
Broken sword (all of them)

Newer stuff:

Splinter cell (all but the last one, new ones suposed to be good)
Call of duty, modern warfare and medal of honour .
Assins Creed 2

:)

Knightlore

OMG, Ultimate Play The Game rocked! They were gods to kids my age and Knightlore was simply the most revolutionary game ever in its day (and some would say still is.)

Other contributors to my misspent childhood included the Zork trilogy, Elite, Falcon and Apache Longbow.

OMG, Ultimate Play The Game rocked! They were gods to kids my age and Knightlore was simply the most revolutionary game ever in its day (and some would say still is.)

Other contributors to my misspent childhood included the Zork trilogy, Elite, Falcon and Apache Longbow.

Yes, it is alleged that Ultimate coded Knightlore years before its release but put off its release date because the vastly higher standard it set would have made all the other games they were developing look poor by comparison and not sell well. So they released those first, then Knightlore!

That reminds me of the Great Pyramid of Giza - the largest and most sophisticated Egyptian pyramid, and amazingly one of the earliest built.

have a look here, a whole load of old spectrum games to play ;)
http://www.zxspectrum.net/

Top marks mate.
I've got that bookmarked and will get nothing productive done for a fortnight. :)

Sorry dude, I meant to approve the rep, not disapprove. Mibbe a mod can fix that for you. I was distracted with manic miner

Last edited:
I had a ZX Spectrum. It was great! Some memories:

Manic Miner
Jet Set Willy
Feud
Chaos
Lords of Chaos
Rebelstar Raiders
Saboteur
Minder
Jet Pac
Nodes of Yesod
Everyone's a Wally
Bugaboo
Bruce Lee
Quazatron

Anyone interested in video games should join my www.gamesforum.com site. There is a retro gaming section there, although I think most of the members are a bit younger than us lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom