Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Letting-Agency.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Law Change!

As LettingAgent.co.uk sold in Nov '05 for £1500 what is your opinion of the domains:

Lettings-Agent.co.uk
Lettings-Agents.co.uk
Lettings-Agency.co.uk ...

on their own they are a pretty good little set, but added to...

LettingsAgent.net
LettingsAgents.net
LettingsAgency.net
Letting-Agency.com
Letting-Agency.net
Lettings-Agent.com
Lettings-Agent.net
Lettings-Agents.com
Lettings-Agents.net
Lettings-Agency.com
Lettings-Agency.net

The government has just reported a new law which states that all landlords' deposits will be held by a private company form October 2006! Competition for business among lettings agents will be extremely strong. Fee cutting, fixed fee and 4RentByOwner(.co.uk) options for the letting of property will become increasingly normal and widely used by landlords.

Your thoughts on their value!

Appraisal Required

Hi to all the ac users.....

I've tried to get an accurate value for a set of domains I have! With the recent introduction of tenants' deposits being held by a separate government appointed company from Oct '06....the competition between agents will me much more fierce and the use of 4rentbyowner sites will be increasingly more common.

Couple that with a sale in Nov '05 of lettingagent.co.uk @ £1500

Could someone suggest a realistic asking/selling price for these domains...

LettingsAgent.net
LettingsAgents.net
LettingsAgency.net

Letting-Agency.com
Letting-Agency.net

Lettings-Agency.com
Lettings-Agency.net
Lettings-Agency.co.uk

Lettings-Agent.com
Lettings-Agent.net
Lettings-Agent.co.uk

Lettings-Agents.com
Lettings-Agents.net
Lettings-Agents.co.uk

I think roughly $50k... your thoughts! I know you are an experienced bunch here...so let's 'ave 'em!!!!

Cheers Lex007

Oh, the fun one has online...it's immeasurable!

In all seriousness - is this about right or too much/little! This is the best place to ask I hear...form you learned bunch of domainers!!!

ok.

They are all hyphenated so whilst not worthless, they are not much cop really.

except:
LettingsAgent.net
LettingsAgents.net
LettingsAgency.net

and that's a nice bunch to be sure but:
I don't know of any global lettings agencies that would benefit from a .net extension particularly, i.e. I think that the .co.uk has good value in this particular case.

I think that lettingagents is more the accepted term and more like what I'd like on my van (if I were a letting agent)

I also called it lettings agencies and lettingsagencies.co.uk and .com are registered by someone on this board. As is lettingsagents.net

lettingsagencies.net is not yet registered.

It may be worth talking with them to sell the lot as a package. I think that that would benefit both of you.

You don't have to sell to uk people of course and it may be worth approaching some US or other agencies with the whole lot.

However, in all cases, I think you'd have to find a very willing buyer to fork out $50k for them.

I may be horribly wrong but I think you'd be lucky to find that buyer, and if you needed a quick sale you'd be looking more like £2 or £3k for the lot.

-aqls-

lettingsAgencies.co.uk and lettingsagencies.com are under my control!! Cheers though mate - v. helpful!

Last edited:
lettingagent.co.uk/ .com
lettingagents.co.uk/ .com
lettingagencies.co.uk/ .com

Everything else is owned by those who wish they did own the above but don't and are trying to squeeze value out of corruptions of the above. We all do it so there's no problem there, but 50k? What are the stats, what are the earnings, and how will the legislative change really impact on the market?

Solid metrics govern sale prices and if you have to 'educate' the market about value then you're already struggling to find a buyer. A little like that '360' post earlier this week. Not convincing at all (the 360 post). My wallet remains closed.

Solid reasoning like that makes my valuations all look a little generous!

But I'm not embarrassed yet! and I don't think I would be embarrassed at asking for the price I just quoted to some of the bigger agencies.

I think the .com market is showing a huge bubble of strength, and there is sufficient hype happening out there to be able to fairly convincingly sell a pretty good if not the best set of domains for a particularly strong market area.

-aqls-

No problem with that. I just tend to be an ultra realist on names, prices and potential. If it's not proven it's pure speculation, and that can be... 'expensive'.

It's like seo.co.uk. Quoting 50K and can't say/ won't say(?) what the stats are. How can one make any form of ROI assessment without metrics? It's impossible and therefore nothing can happen, which is a bit frustrating because if a name does have great stats then the wallet might well come out.

ukseos.co.uk
ukseos.com

quite far removed from the "cool" seo.co.uk but would get subsidiary traffic if there was alot demand for this stuff.

Both unregged.

Maybe suck them and see?

-aqls-

Thanks for the advice....

Is is true that hyphenated domains have better search engine results than non-hyphenated names????

Also with the set comes things like

ToLetBoard.com
ToLetBoard.net
ToLetBoard.co.uk

ToLetBoards.com
ToLetBoards.net
ToLetBoards.co.uk

4RentByOwner.co.uk

ToLetByOwner.net
TLBO.co.uk

ForLetByOwner.net
ForLetByOwner.co.uk
FLBO.co.uk

ForSaleByOwnerUK.com etc...

What is the best action plan to sell them - send details to all the agents?

eBay?

DomainBroker?

A company is hardly likely to pay over reg fee for a name that's "worse" than their own brand at that point! The only reason they'll dig deep into their wallet is to secure a premium generic that can help them get a leg up on their competition, steal some mindshare in their niche, all the kinds of things which 3rd rate derivations of valuable domains do nothing to address.

- seo.co.uk has a lot of value - how much is up in the air, but "a lot" compared to the baseline of regfee.
- ukseo.co.uk might still sell for comfortably over regfee, but it's not going to be a big win.
- ukseos.co.uk is meaningless, since SEO (an acronym) doesn't take plurals. It's value is zero - no 3rd party is going to have an "aha, I need to buy this" moment upon seeing it.

We don't have alot of options here.

ukseos.co.uk is a £5 moment for uk search engine optimizers
and I didn't look too hard into it.

here is another
seofirms.co.uk

There are enough owners of names in this field on this board to give a much more detailed perspective than me on what traffic value seo may have.

-aqls-

Generic/letting-agency/superior tld

Letting-Agency.com

This domain is available for sale. I am thinking it's worth around...£8000+

I know this is a sales thread; but even if you're not interested in purchasing it...honest considered thoughts on value with some reasoning would be much appreciated!

lex

Appraisal requested

Had an enquiry on this one. They seem serious and I was wondering what the general opinion is on this one:

Letting-Agency.com

Generic/Top-Level/Memorable/Industry-Specific/High Search Results

google:
"letting agency" search in quotes on google = 231,000 results
letting agency search without quotes = 17,100,000

Not really sure how to price this one up; offer is decent!

Price reasons and appraisals requested.

LettingAgent.co.uk sold for £1500 in nov05 so a guide to go on!

Thanks in advance Lex

Must be some clue to value. It's a very good domain name. If buyer is looking to develop this then potential is BIG!

Based on your suggestion using lettingagent.co.uk as a guide.

If lettingagent.co.uk went for £1500.00

Letting-Agency.com is work less.

personally and only personally any hypenated domain is for SEO only. i can never explain or market it
something er dash, er minus, er hyphen, er line something

i would agree that £1500 is top - but you never know with dot com - ebay for 10p now and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom