Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Moving site from FSB to wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience moving a site using FSB to Wordpress?

In terms of the rankings....?

Yeah great no problems, its the other way round thats the problem.
I bought FSB and it hurt me bad when i changed a perfectly good earning wp site to FSB

Now i no longer use it, & I wont go back to it
despite the new update it seems the template system is still not fixed and available for developers to play with

Wordpress Site - Ranking Well - Around 1500 uniques per month

Changed to FSB

FSB Site - Rankings Disappeared (virtually no terms in the top 200) - Around 200 uniques per month

Changed this site back to Wordpress and rankings are slowly coming back. I've left a few other sites as FSB - none of which have their rankings back yet.

I am just in the process of doing this with one of my sites, I will let you know how it goes Max. :)

How did yours go in the end? Well I hope.

Question,

Are you still using amazon when you have changed over to WP site,

I thinking of doing a test to see how well my site might or might not change using wordpress.

I do not use wordpress at all I like building sites but find it find getting the site to code anything up the moment so with wordpess, can you build the site offline first like you can with html, ie can you upload the files and tell it to be offline until you have finished the site?

Question,

Are you still using amazon when you have changed over to WP site,

I thinking of doing a test to see how well my site might or might not change using wordpress.

I do not use wordpress at all I like building sites but find it find getting the site to code anything up the moment so with wordpess, can you build the site offline first like you can with html, ie can you upload the files and tell it to be offline until you have finished the site?

Hi chippy,

Yeah, when I make the change to WP, I will still be using Amazon as well as other affiliates too.

I too prefer to make up sites using Dreamweaver/Notepad etc, but it's very convenient to use WP for this, say with ShopperPress and Datafeedr, etc. :)

I had a thread a while ago about stopping non-completed WP sites being spidered/accessed, it might be of use and has some handy pointers. :)

seems like some good ideas then, just install it in a sub folder and leave the site running until the wordpress site is ready, hmmm another thing to add to the list!

seems like some good ideas then, just install it in a sub folder and leave the site running until the wordpress site is ready, hmmm another thing to add to the list!

LOL; tell me about it! :)

Question,

I do not use wordpress at all I like building sites but find it find getting the site to code anything up the moment so with wordpress, can you build the site offline first like you can with html, ie can you upload the files and tell it to be offline until you have finished the site?

I sometimes use xampp when developing wordpress offline http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
Lets you set up a webserver locally on your pc

Is there any good free themes that would suit a shop type layout, doesnt need to have product pages as I have enough content without needing that, just need to display items with a direct link to who ever i would use

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom