Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Moving your UK domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
thanks very useful, that reminds me I need to move my last couple of remaining domains from UK2....

Does anyone that if I fill the UK2 form in whether I get charged, assuming domain has no outstanding fees. They used to have a thing on their web site saying they would charge £35.00 for people wanting to move away.

thanks very useful, that reminds me I need to move my last couple of remaining domains from UK2....

Does anyone that if I fill the UK2 form in whether I get charged, assuming domain has no outstanding fees. They used to have a thing on their web site saying they would charge £35.00 for people wanting to move away.

I think that's just something to catch some people out...There's no charge to move the domains away from here in my experience...

I haven't used UK2.net since 2000, but I clearly remember that it's free to transfer any domains away if they have been at UK2.net for more than two years, or at least it was for me at the time.

Note about 1 and 1, its a bugger to transfer away from them, but you can do it all through this address (which they dont seem to advertise anywhere)

contract.oneandone.co.uk

A whole bunch of options in there to change the IPS Tag etc.

It's over a year since I did it but I moved a domain away from uk2net by using the service at Nominet to change tags. I didn't pay uk2net an exit fee, they didn't know anything about it.

Web forwarding has been down for a few hours at 123reg it might be time to move. Heart internet say wait 24 hours after tag change and it should show as transferred, in reality can that be a few minutes?

The TAG change is instant but then it works on the same process as registering a domain so if you're changing TAGs at 123-reg it's anyones guess how log it will take!

Grant

Hi Guys,
Great thread & please admin make a sticky!
Yes UK2 are the pits. I moved a few hundred .uk's out via nominet. Smooth as clockwork. Just did a tagchange, bulk styley. easypeasy.
However most are still showing in uk2 account. i have sent perhaps 20 support tickets & done the live support thing (as no tel. support), still haven't done.
pushing names is almost impossible too at uk2, their site is the worst for any registrar & simply doesn't work, plus full of security flaws. if you're not out now, get out!
:confused: Question i have is... how do u transfer out tlds?
I have done so many from so many other registrars but uk2 are weird.
There is no auth code, they say they do! I have seen the page & got a little help from support.
the way i understand it is i log in, gto the link above, on first post. enter the domain name (do one at a time). having already changed the whois for the admin contacts etc t the recieving registrar as will show uk2 presently.
fill in the boxes & sunbmit.
uk2 do the authcodes (noone else does this! :confused: ) then they need a form 'faxed to them'? i'm guessing for each one, but may be wrong.. which form?
then i guess you have to initiate a transfer with the recieving registrar, i's moniker so the good thing with them is if there's big probs, the ceo Monte will actually get on the phone to them! but they need to get authcodes to do it! as do all registrars..
you can see i understand half of it.i have done so many of these with other registrars, but uk2 are a law to themselves. this is the reason am leaving them. they make 123 look good, seriously!
any help/advice anyone can give on transferring out tlds from uk2, i would greatly appreciate.
thanks
Pred :D
nb: great idea for a thread devolution, thanks a lot! :D

Last edited:
Moved around 60 domains so far from 123reg to Heart. Simplicity itself:D
And no need to wait 24hrs, a minute or two is enough.

Only had need to query one domain transfer with Heart's support and they responded to my ticket within 10 minutes (at 9 in the evening).

A bit different to the four weeks wait for a useless answer after 6 emails to 123-reg (bye-bye!)

Simon

Im surprised that more people dont run their own tag.

I register through 123 or Weycrest and then change the tag to my own, this allows me to change the NS records and the like at will.

When the renewal is up, just change the tag to the company of your choice, pay the renewal and change the tag back to yourself.

I've been waiting several days since i change the tag at 1and1 on one of my domains :( Still not updated!

Don't i know it....false economy although it has saved me quite a few quid. I've got to move 150+ domains to Heart, and was testing just one to see the process....ahhh!

Looking through the info on the nominet website, it looks like changing registrant agent is a real bear. Change Agent

Did you guys have to go through all of those steps or did you just need to have your current agent change the domain to the the new agent?

I have a bunch that I need to change because of high renewal fees but I don't know if I have the time to do all of the steps.

transfer question

Can't believe that I'm selling my first .co.uk!
Thought it would be similar to the .coms I've sold.

Can somebody help...

I have a .co.uk at 1and1.co.uk
Have someone who has bought it and so need to transfer ( i think they are registered at dreamhost)

I see the options in the contract.1and1.co.uk section, where I can cancel a domain, then choose change provider, where I can change IPS tags.

This is where I get stuck! Do I need to find out the IPS Tag for dreamhost?
Once I change this then what happens?
Does the buyer have to initiate the transfer?
When should he do this? After I change the tag?

At the moment the whois has all my details, when I make the transfer it will still have them wont it? Does he have to change these? or can I do it before I change the tag? What is the cost to do this? Is the cost with my registrar or the buyers or at nominet?

After registering through 1and1.co.uk I usually receive letters at the end of the month from Nominet for each domain - can I not make all of these changes through nominet (ie. new registrar, new owner)?

Whats the best way to handle this.

I will keep trying to read up but if anyone can shoot a few of these questions then would help.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
Great thread & please admin make a sticky!
Yes UK2 are the pits. I moved a few hundred .uk's out via nominet. Smooth as clockwork. Just did a tagchange, bulk styley. easypeasy.
However most are still showing in uk2 account. i have sent perhaps 20 support tickets & done the live support thing (as no tel. support), still haven't done.
pushing names is almost impossible too at uk2, their site is the worst for any registrar & simply doesn't work, plus full of security flaws. if you're not out now, get out!
:confused: Question i have is... how do u transfer out tlds?
I have done so many from so many other registrars but uk2 are weird.
There is no auth code, they say they do! I have seen the page & got a little help from support.
the way i understand it is i log in, gto the link above, on first post. enter the domain name (do one at a time). having already changed the whois for the admin contacts etc t the recieving registrar as will show uk2 presently.
fill in the boxes & sunbmit.
uk2 do the authcodes (noone else does this! :confused: ) then they need a form 'faxed to them'? i'm guessing for each one, but may be wrong.. which form?
then i guess you have to initiate a transfer with the recieving registrar, i's moniker so the good thing with them is if there's big probs, the ceo Monte will actually get on the phone to them! but they need to get authcodes to do it! as do all registrars..
you can see i understand half of it.i have done so many of these with other registrars, but uk2 are a law to themselves. this is the reason am leaving them. they make 123 look good, seriously!
any help/advice anyone can give on transferring out tlds from uk2, i would greatly appreciate.
thanks
Pred :D
nb: great idea for a thread devolution, thanks a lot! :D

Are the names you want to transfer out registered with joker.com or godaddy?

I can help you if it is with joker. (sold one last month and transferred from UK2 (joker.com) to Moniker.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom