Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

My chance to react to a closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just to note to Caz who decided to get clever and more scathing than I anything I said about his/her site.

1. I never criticised your site, nor your business, but the people who were getting over exited about the design.

2. Don't think I didn't know you would bring up the fact that my site was created with Bootstrap, big deal so are loads of others, it is a great framework for making adaptive responsive websites.

3. My dronies site is a free bootstrap template much like yours ;), it took about 1 hour to knock up purely to try to highlight it's possible use for a potential buyer of the domain. (and buy the way, none of the descriptions are copied and pasted)

I hope this doesn't make you cry as you are obviously very sensitive.

I think this comment from you and as you were quoting Julian was very out of order.

Originally Posted by julian

you lot are easily impressed..

Agreed, its a 1 page Bootstrap template, probably cost about $8

Someone starts a thread saying hey we have a new site, no matter what other people post, your post was your own choice and quoting $8 and a bootstrap in a derogatory way seemed pot calling the kettle black. And as you are in the web design business very unfair and unprofessional.

My comment of

It was free actually, just needed a few changes, similar to those you have changed on your clients porfolio Dennis, hardly anything mindblowing there imo.

I do like your dronies.co.uk site in your profile though, always a fan of any web site you can create by copying and pasting in word :D

In a very non pc slow motion sort of voice ' we are offering a DOOOMMMAINNN registration serrrvice and cheappp hostinggg serrrvice, noooot a web design serrrrvice, wee diiidnt ask for innnnput on ourrr sitesss deeesiiignnn thaaaankk youuuu'

This thread has had some lovely comments and I'm grateful, but the negativity on acorn lately is awful.

Was really being tongue in cheek and thinking about greenhouses and pots black etc

As for upsetting me. Yes it did. Not about the site or business but about why people make such comments when not needed.

I often make jokey comments, mainly at scammers but never as undermining as yours and so direct from someone who operates as a web designer and uses the same systems.

I mainly get upset as I fear for my kids entering a world where their complete innocence can be turned on them in an instant through no fault of their own.

Like my mum used to sing to me as a child. Let's make this world a better place. For you and for me and the entire human race lol

Now pack it in and be as nice as I thought you were.

Last edited:
Yes but did I criticise you or your business...NO

So for someone who moans about the negativity on the site, you have shown the exact same behaviour

So....sleep on that.

Dennis its forgotten now. I was merely flagging up the hypocritical posts. I didn't mean to offend. Apologies if I did.

As my mum used to sing to me.

Always look on the bright side of life dee dum, dee dum etc etc

Ok I've now officially gone mad.

Sleep well acorners.

ref: you lot are easily impressed sorry if I upset you it's was tough love you can't expect to get away with anything less on a forum full of self obsessed ego manics :D

If you can create something that impresses just about everyone here then you have created something truly special due to the diverse and experienced range of technical and business knowledge from most of the people on this forum - btw, just because something is dev'd wp etc does not = low value.

Blogg's will like your site as it hits the 80/20 rule and that's your market and I wish you luck.

Caz honestly take no notice mate. I have noticed the increased negativity on this forum and it was starting to make me negative too. As such I rarely post here or visit anymore. I think it's a natural reaction to the decline of the industry. People here aren't usually aiming personal comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom