Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here... got a couple of domains my self... letscommunicate.co.uk is my main one. It has 4 sub sections as mini sites... the /carpc/ one getting some quite tremenduous traffic.

I have another domain which I am looking to sell ( part of the reason I ended up here ) called letsworktogether.co.uk - Not sure what its worth or where the best place to 'sell' it would be.

I did try a free evaluation service earler today and was quite stund by what it told me... hence I am looking around to see if its true.

Any recomendations would be much appciated.

Thanks

Terran

Welcome to the forum Terran,

letsworktogether.co.uk has no obvious value as it is 3 words (4 if you include "let us work together") and quite long. If there is a specific market that it suits or it has traffic that will add value but by itself it is difficult to put a price on.

Domain Appraisals are notoriously difficult so look at www.domainprices.co.uk to get some ideas of actual sale values for the UK market.

To sell it try any of the domain auction sites including Sedo.co.uk and DomainBid.co.uk but don't expect a gold rush for it.

What was it valued at?

Admin

admin said:
Welcome to the forum Terran,

letsworktogether.co.uk has no obvious value as it is 3 words (4 if you include "let us work together") and quite long. If there is a specific market that it suits or it has traffic that will add value but by itself it is difficult to put a price on.

Domain Appraisals are notoriously difficult so look at www.domainprices.co.uk to get some ideas of actual sale values for the UK market.

To sell it try any of the domain auction sites including Sedo.co.uk and DomainBid.co.uk but don't expect a gold rush for it.

What was it valued at?

Admin
4-6k I was shocked... but I did not belive it straight away so I started trying to get a sense of its real value and ended up here...

Terran

Hiya All I have just joined today. I have about 50 domains for sale.

I have only sold about half a dozen. Ironically the best sale was one that I didnt want to sell. For legal reasons I cant disclose it but suffice it to say that it was a 4 letter .co.uk. Sale Price £15,000 :) (Purchased for £50)

The best domain I currently have is www.cloneresearch.com. If you goto that page you will see many of the other domains I have in that area (Cloning/Stem Cell Research). Does anyone think that could be worth something in 10-20 years time? They say that Cloning is going to grow into one of the worlds biggest industries during that time period so I remain hopeful! :)

Last edited:
I'd say the money's not going to be in the research side - both because that's not the profitable bit and also in terms of domains there are the .edu/.ac.uk/.org/.org.uk names which are much less competitive than .coms/.nets and research organisations tend to find them appriopriate.

Where will cloning turn into commercial treatments - http://www.celltherapy.co.uk/ I hope - geet in touch if you're interested in the domain or holding page script.

mishmash said:
I'd say the money's not going to be in the research side - both because that's not the profitable bit and also in terms of domains there are the .edu/.ac.uk/.org/.org.uk names which are much less competitive than .coms/.nets and research organisations tend to find them appriopriate.

Where will cloning turn into commercial treatments - http://www.celltherapy.co.uk/ I hope - geet in touch if you're interested in the domain or holding page script.

Your right that in theory there isnt as much profit in research as there is in say the treatment. However whenever this subject is mentioned in the public domain eg tv, papers etc it is generally referred to as Clone Research or Stem Cell Research. .ac.uk/.org.uk are obviously only at national level (UK). .com is worldwide, as is .org & .net. (which I also own).

I havent measured the hits but I imagine when this takes off that many will just type in cloneresearch.com because that is what its referred to as. I have already had offers in the x,xxx area so I guess someone else thinks the same.

Hi Godfrey

Welcome to the forum.

Good thinking I say regarding the clone domains, but I think you're going to have a bit of a wait before they are worth something decent. That day will come though I reckon. Nice one fella.

All the best

accelerator

Thanks Accelaterator! :)

When I registered them I figured I'd be waiting a few years before the offers started pouring in. Might just be a shot in the dark but what the hell eh! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom