Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Online UK Domain Tools - Seemly.co.uk

Of the priorities previously mentioned, the following have been implemented:
  1. Mobile navigation
  2. User account signups
Next priority is in fact going to be bulk whois.

The reason for this is because I want to "turn off" seemly.co.uk from being the home of the existing UK domain sales history, and redirect all domain related traffic to the new app.

User account signups while it exists, provides no functional benefit at this time. Though saying that I will be providing some kind of yet to be defined bonus for early adopters, and in time features will become quite restricted for website guests (non-account users).

Last edited:
Bulk whois functionality is nearing launch. This will bring the core functionality inline with existing seemly app, so will mean redirecting traffic and switching off existing site.

For those that use the existing bulk whois on seemly.co.uk, do you use the Download CSV feature and should it be implemented on domainsaleshistory.uk?

Bulk whois functionality is nearing launch. This will bring the core functionality inline with existing seemly app, so will mean redirecting traffic and switching off existing site.

For those that use the existing bulk whois on seemly.co.uk, do you use the Download CSV feature and should it be implemented on domainsaleshistory.uk?

Yes please, I use this feature.

Thanks @bensd, no problem.

I just didn't want to spend time building something that isn't used.

Latest Update: Bulk Whois

Functionality can be found here:
https://domainsaleshistory.uk/whois

I've tried something slightly different with the implementation.
  1. Add a list of domains and click the "Submit" button.
  2. The first step is that it processes all the domains and filters/validates .uk domains only and de-duplicates them.
  3. Valid domains are formatted and are then listed in the original text field.
  4. A table is also populated with all valid domains.
  5. In order to begin the Whois queries, you should see a green "Start" button. Click it. You have the ability to stop/start the query process at any point.
  6. There will be a delay of 250ms between each query to stay within Nominet terms of use (5 requests per second).

The thinking behind the implementations is:
  1. Less resources on my server processing up to 1000 domains in one hit, with the potential to timeout being quite high.
  2. As a user maybe you paste in the wrong list and you end up using a chunk of your whois requests for that day. The "Stop" button can help prevent that.

One-off whois queries:
You can also query and view a raw Whois Nominet response at the following URL (replace acorndomains.co.uk with your own domain): https://domainsaleshistory.uk/whois/acorndomains.co.uk

Not really a bonus of any sort, just more of a by-product of how I built the service.
If you pass an invalid domain (an invalid or non .uk domain) then you will be told as much. =)

CSV Export:
I will implement CSV export functionality at some point over the next week or so.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom