Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RE: Not dropping again?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know its not the end of the day yet but there is a drop pattern emerging here. This has happened several times on weekends. Maybe Nominet should stop dropping at the weekend if they are busy working on their systems? Ideas/comments on this please???

This surely would benefit all of us members as well as the general public/businesses who don't work out of mon-fri hours. It'd be good to take the weekend off ;-)

There are a few dropping but its very sporadic. Unlike the previous outages where it stopped during whatever it was they where doing.

Some of us dont have there misses and ex lovers running tags ;) so we need to work weekends ;)

That means its not going - thanks for the heads up jonno :)

I was hoping they would drop yesterdays and todays tonight but that looks like thats not going to happen - they will prob drop them all tomorrow 3 days worth!

i'm not sure as they will... that mirror one is advertised in the daily mirror iirc, it resolves but says suspended on whois with dates to suggest it hasn't been renewed:confused:

I think there's something wrong with the suspend-from-zonefile-90d-then-drop system.

Things that should be suspended to warn owners who would renew just aren't (www.amoy.co.uk comes to mind). Something back-end feels wrong.

Wrote to Jay on Thurs, but he maybe on holiday - anyone want to tell support?

I think its from yesterday (11th) onwards.

Nick.

Yeah just like succeed this week, it still susp ready to go but live!

Why is Jay on holiday at the worst possible time :confused: this is a total nitemere :mad:

Maybe there is a problem with the renwal process, so that domains are being renewed which is why they still resolve - but their Whois status is not updated. I think many of them will not drop.

Keys - That fits the data pretty well, I hope its that - the alternative is a bit of a mess to sort out whilst allowing registrants a reasonable chance to renew - Nick.

Has muched dropped yet? Only got a few names on but haven't seen them drop yet?

Cheers
Stephen.

Nothings dropping at all now - one i spotted went just before 12 last night.

This a fecking terrible i am board shitless here come on nom :mad:

Yup dns still works on a number of suspended names. They aren't even worth regging as when Nominet do not follow their own suspension process they will take the name back from you if made aware by previous registrant that their name was working fine and then suddenly it had a parking page on it. Just had this happen to me.

There was a problem post Nom-upgrade where a lot of domain - pre & post suspended i.e thise suspended before their renewal date & misse their drop date where the status was not shown as suspended as it was before the upgrade.

It's quite possible this is the reverse of that. Domains showing as suspended when they shouldn't be.

Then again. It may be the pro-forma invoice payment delays.

S

On this particular domain everything was right, it should have dropped and went suspended when it should have, however the dns still worked so Nom re-regged it back to previous owner.

Not sure exactly the cause, but it this and a number of other problems seem to be the norm now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom