Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RE: Not dropping again?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing shambles and it seems that Nominet have no idea. At least they don't seem to be telling their members.
It's hard to tell if all suspended names are still being served by DNS, because a lot were broken anyway. However it seems that most are and nothing is dropping.

I've talked to Nominet. It seems that they will be doing a reset on all the domains that are currently suspended, but still being DNS served. So that will add 60 days to their drop date.

However that only what the bloke at Nominet says, so anything could happen.
He did concede that the previous owner would have a very good case to grab back and domains that did drop.

PRSS is still not working properly, even after two major attempts to fix it.

I've talked to Nominet. It seems that they will be doing a reset on all the domains that are currently suspended, but still being DNS served. So that will add 60 days to their drop date.
QUOTE]

Do you any idea what percentage of the names are still being DNS served? I'm just off holiday and getting terribly confused by all this!

Cheers
Stephen.

just noticed some of the names i am going after resolve (although most dont)

what a pain :)

so when are the ones with dns showing going to drop 60 days from original dropdate, 60 days from the day the dns stops working?

good ol' nominet :)

I've just got an eMail. Subject line:
"Nominet customer satisfaction survey, win an iPod"

They really couldn't organise a bunk-up in a brothel.

Yep this an utter shambles of a service. I also paid for PRSS last month and only managed to use it a couple of times.

How would we stand taking further action on the grounds of paying for a service and not getting it?

Nominet also told me that they are giving the old owners a second chance to renew there names, is that fair to the rest of the millions of names which went normally?

I've just got an eMail. Subject line:
"Nominet customer satisfaction survey, win an iPod"

They really couldn't organise a bunk-up in a brothel.

It gets worse I had the same email this morning went to express my view and the site crashed reported it to Nominet and got the following reply

"Unfortunately our service providers system went down this morning causing temporary problems to the Nominet Registrants Satisfaction Survey. Sorry for any inconvenience, the survey is now up and running and as accessible by the existing link."
life is to short...............

Just caught a name so at least some names appear to be dropping now.

Stephen.

sigh, went away for a week and ended up spending loads of time sorting out my droplists 'cos of this shambles. Does anyone know if things are back to normal, i'm still seeing an unusually large amount of undropped domains for this time of day?

Cheers, Grant

sigh, went away for a week and ended up spending loads of time sorting out my droplists 'cos of this shambles. Does anyone know if things are back to normal, i'm still seeing an unusually large amount of undropped domains for this time of day?

Cheers, Grant

I can't see any names on my droplists that actually dropped today. Hope you had a good break though!

Stephen.

Nominet also told me that they are giving the old owners a second chance to renew there names, is that fair to the rest of the millions of names which went normally?

I've been watching these forums for a few years (too blooming lazy to post I am sad to admit...) but this whole shameful episode got me to finally post!

So how does the above work then?

I assume they have made another co** up then? If owners were to lose their domains on day 99, they should lose them regardless - no?

If it was the fault of N that those owners were not able to renew due to a systems failure then giving them an extension seems fine.

Sounds like an almightly balls up - shame they are not handling it to well IMHO!

I just spoke to Nominet, they have reset the domains that had problems today, they reckon that the domains that were affected over the past week or so will have the extra 60 days suspension added to them and everything else should drop as normal from tommorrow - Going by their recent form I wouldn't hold your breathe!

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom