Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Reccommendations for buying .com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am acquiring the odd .com name and am wondering if anybody can recommend a registrar to transfer them in to? Obviously cheaper the better but want them to be somewhere that isn't going to give me grief if I choos to sell them at a later date. Would also need to be able to set up simple nameserver changes to point at Sedo or wherever.

Thanks
Stephen.

123-reg.co.uk or godaddy.com, I had no problems with either of them when transferring a .com or .co.uk

Brassneck said:
I am acquiring the odd .com name and am wondering if anybody can recommend a registrar to transfer them in to? Obviously cheaper the better but want them to be somewhere that isn't going to give me grief if I choos to sell them at a later date. Would also need to be able to set up simple nameserver changes to point at Sedo or wherever.

Thanks
Stephen.

I have used registerfly.com in the past. They are $9.99 to start but after you buy your 1st name you will get weekly specials that allow you to buy for $7.99 with free whois protection.

Their control panel is easy to use and allows bulk changes/transfers etc.

I have used godaddy but found their customer services to be completely useless, even worse than 1&1's

Brassneck said:

Thanks
Stephen.

Godaddy for ".com"
123reg for ".co.uk"

1and1 for .co.uk's £1.99+vat per yr
Godaddy for .com $6.95 per yr

I sussed out something with godaddy and i get $6.95 every time! They're going to hate me saying this publicly here so i'll PM you!

murph said:
I sussed out something with godaddy and i get $6.95 every time! They're going to hate me saying this publicly here so i'll PM you!

Could you pm me too please?

Ok, rather than PMs...

Just do a search for domain name in gg and use the link you find at the top/side ;) Simple really.

If you're going to end up with 100+ .com domains, consider using Fabulous.com. On the wholesale side, their pricing is very keen and their support is great.

Yes but if you're buying loads and budget is low then $6.95 is handy! Well i say $6.95, but it's actually $7.20 as they add a $0.25 ICANN fee on top in the checkout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom