Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RESTORE WORDPRESS SITE DATABASE?

SF

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For some reason I have removed a database from one of my word press websites but luckily I had a back up but struggling to think how to restore it back?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Fasthosts said it was a 5 min job if you know what you are doing

Hi. yes you need to upload your backup database (You will probably use phpmyadmin) and set permissions. Then update wp-config.php with the new details

Hi Yes thats exactly what they said, I have all the details from the wp-config.php and ofcourse the database, they also advised me to create a new database using the same details from the config file, I have tried a few times but i must be getting something wrong

If you go to phpmyadmin, there is an "import" option

Hi Sean,

So create a new database with the same details and upload the file via phpmyadmin

thats what fasthosts just said I didnt use same details and it seemed to broke it so I deleted the database and i will attempt another go

thats what fasthosts just said I didnt use same details and it seemed to broke it so I deleted the database and i will attempt another go

If you changed the details then just update wp-config.php to the new details

ive gone to create a new databse using the database name from the config file and it says its already in use?

I am getting this error when trying to upload the back up database

Error
SQL query:

--
-- Database: `ocidb_xSYB143342`
--
-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `qn1j_booking`
--
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `qn1j_booking` (

`booking_id` bigint( 20 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`sync_gid` varchar( 200 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`is_new` bigint( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
`status` varchar( 200 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`sort_date` datetime DEFAULT NULL ,
`modification_date` datetime DEFAULT NULL ,
`form` text,
`booking_type` bigint( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
PRIMARY KEY ( `booking_id` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT =18;

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected

Did you newly create or is there a database called ocidb_xSYB143342 ? in the database list on the left had side.

If so click into the database first then import

Hiya this is the database name associated with the domain and hosting ocidb_xSYB143342 this is also the database name in config file aswell but the back up file is this 213_171_200_78.sql

lazarus, I just did as you said by clicking in the database this time and importing and it now says

Import has been successfully finished, 68 queries executed. (213_171_200_78.zip)

That's a good sign. You should now be seeing the imported tables listed in that database, Just make sure everything matches up with your wp config file and it should be working

I am still getting
Error establishing a database connection
when i visit the website i am just getting that above

When you created the database in phpmyadmin did you also create a user for that database ? Sometimes there is an option to automatically create a user when creating a database.

I am still getting
Error establishing a database connection
when i visit the website i am just getting that above

check the database USERNAME and password match Aswell as the database name and password

Yes it shows me a user in phpmyadmin under status i cant find priveliges?

yes sorry just found the user its quite long

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom