Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Revenue site wanted, looking to pay up to £1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm looking for:

* Any niche
* £50 - £80 established revenue per month (evidenced by stats over at least 6 months)
* .co.uk, .org.uk only
* Preferably affiliate income, but will consider lead generation/adsense/dropship/electronic goods/services
* Preferably with unique content/design

I'm:

* Willing to pay up to £1000
* Honest and good to deal with ;)

I can pay by BACS (only the slow kind I'm afraid) or paypal.

Please email info, proof of traffic/revenue and asking price to [email protected]

Not had a single response, so I'm still looking! Am I missing something, I thought up to 20 times monthly revenue would be a reasonable figure, or are people just not selling...?

Not had a single response, so I'm still looking! Am I missing something, I thought up to 20 times monthly revenue would be a reasonable figure, or are people just not selling...?

Let's break it down another way, and look at how the seller would need to replace that £50-80 a month of (I assume) hands-off, automatic revenue.

Right now, bank accounts offer about 2% interest at the top end. Annually.

So to earn £50 a month from interest, you'd have to have £30,000 stashed away. To earn £80 a month, that rises to £48,000.

On the other hand, for £1,000 in a bank account you'd be looking at just £1.67 a month in interest.

Of course, this isn't anything like a straight apples to apples comparison, but strictly from a revenue stream perspective (i.e. how much money are you receiving each month) it is equivalent - especially if we're talking about a site that doesn't require any maintenance.

So now we're left with this:
A) A site earning from £50-80 a month
OR
B) Cash in the bank earning £1.67 a month

But in fact the picture is even worse than that, since there would be tax consequences for most sellers if they dispose of an asset in this way, so that monthly figure would drop further from £1.67 a month.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you should be offering £30,000 for such sites, but you can hopefully see from the above that by asking for a 96% discount (looked at from a revenue stream perspective) you're unlikely to get many takers!

disagree with edwin OMG !!!!!!

not often i disagree with edwin but on this i have to ,

i buy lots of sites of people , they do not sell to me in order to put the money in the bank ... that is not the "oportunity cost"...

they sell to me for 2 reasons :-

1 ) want to buy something ... new xbox , sofa , pay bills whatever or

2) want to use the money to invest in another domain, one that with work they can get more revenue from so for example they could use the £1000 to buy a better domain that has more exacts or that is a better sector which means instead of the £50 pcm they are earning, they earn 300pcm.

which means they sell a domain worth £50*20=£1000

and after a some time and effort have a domain worth £300*20=£6000

those are the two reasons people sell to me , never to put money into the bank to get the interest.... i know where you are comming from Edwin why would you sell if it was simple income replacement .... you would be silly but that is not why most people sell.

Does anybody ever sell their sites because they're bored silly of the subject?

If I have to write another 'bad credit' article, I think I'm going to lose the plot and start running around Portsmouth naked.

Roll on 5 months :neutral:

Last edited:
Does anybody ever sell their sites because they're bored silly of the subject?

If I have to write another 'bad credit' article, I think I'm going to lose the plot and start running around Portsmouth naked.

Roll on 5 months :neutral:

Been trying to sell my genealogy site for a little while now.
I'm starting to get bored of TRYING lol :)

@Edwin - I understand that pal, why do you think I'm looking to buy :) my experience in buying and selling sites is a little dated, but the rule of thumb was at least 10x monthly revenue and there were always people selling (assumedly to reinvest as brum says). I'm offering upto 20x monthly revenue, so I thought I might drum up some interest. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

There is nothing wrong with what you are offering Dave and I have to say that small revenue sites often overprice themselves anyway.

I respect Edwins opinons above but I completely disagree with his formula.

@Edwin - I understand that pal, why do you think I'm looking to buy :) my experience in buying and selling sites is a little dated, but the rule of thumb was at least 10x monthly revenue and there were always people selling (assumedly to reinvest as brum says). I'm offering upto 20x monthly revenue, so I thought I might drum up some interest. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

I respect Edwins opinons above but I completely disagree with his formula.

There's no "formula" to disagree with! My numbers were about interest on a bank account, and that's just math...

Nowhere in my post did I suggest that people should pay £30,000 for a £50/month revenue website. I was simply pointing out the huge gap - and it is MASSIVE - between what people are looking to buy websites for and what the resultant money could bring in if saved, as one possible reason why the OP isn't seeing any interest at 20x monthly revs.

@Edwin,

When I used the word "formula" I simply meant the line of thinking regarding the OP sales and why he's receiving a poor response. You have laid out interest rates, amounts and totals, then made a direct comparison to what the OP was offering followed by a conclusion. Thats a formula.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with 20x revenue, in fact I think it's very generous, its a lot more than you would ever get for a "real high street business", which is usually around one third of annual revenue. Thats why I told the OP I didn't think there was anything wrong with his offer. Simply my opinion.

:idea: Next time i sell a unwanted site i'm using Edwins "formula" !
lol

Revenue Sites

@Edwin,

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with 20x revenue, in fact I think it's very generous, its a lot more than you would ever get for a "real high street business", which is usually around one third of annual revenue. Thats why I told the OP I didn't think there was anything wrong with his offer. Simply my opinion.

I disagree, try buying a cafe or restaurant for only a third of it's annual revenue.... no chance!

Another point, why do buyers specify a particular TLD or ccTLD when it's the income from a website they're after? If a website is earning £100 a month, it's earning that because of it's content or it's Google position, not because of its' extension. If it's developed and sold on for a profit, it will be the increased revenue that's sold, not the extension.

Cheers.

Jaffaman.

I disagree, try buying a cafe or restaurant for only a third of it's annual revenue.... no chance!

You may be surprised... there are plenty of cafes and restaurant businesses for sale at far less than their annual revenue.

http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/search/Cafes-for-sale
http://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/search/Restaurants-for-sale

Completely different business though, so not really a worthy comparison.

Regarding the other comparison to bank interest rates, I don't think that adds much value either. I highly doubt many, if any, members on here consider their bank balance interest to be a form of passive income.

Lastly, I wouldn't say 20x monthly revenue is exactly a bad offer for someone looking to sell. I think you haven't received much response as £1,000 - £1,600 isn't exactly a huge amount to sell a website for, and therefore won't put many sellers in a far better off position which would be worth their while.

Last edited:
You may be surprised... there are plenty of cafes and restaurant businesses for sale at far less than their annual revenue.

That's because revenue is often very different from profit in the "real world". So yes, they may sell for far less than their "annual revenue" but they're not going to be selling for far less than their "annual profit"!

However, for a website where hosting costs are just a few quid a year and the only other cost is renewing the domain name, then roughly speaking revenue = profit, so the multipliers are not comparable.

That's because revenue is often very different from profit in the "real world". So yes, they may sell for far less than their "annual revenue" but they're not going to be selling for far less than their "annual profit"!

However, for a website where hosting costs are just a few quid a year and the only other cost is renewing the domain name, then roughly speaking revenue = profit, so the multipliers are not comparable.

No offence, but I do realise that and agree with what you are saying.

I was simply replying to another member's comment, hence why I included the below in my post...

"Completely different business though, so not really a worthy comparison."

Cafe Comparison

This thread is deviating from the original posters initial aims and any further comments on this business revenue comparison part of the thread will only ruin his goals.

Biting my tongue.

Cheers.

Jaffaman.

Hi Dave!

I have wirelessprinterreviews.co.uk

The site itself is only 5 months old, and the revenue is increasing (month to date around £40) it ranks number 1 on Google for "wireless printer reviews" and has good content.

There is life afterall ;) Let me know if you're interested!

Others which are making small/rising incomes but which are ranking are:

Developed & Pushed
Keyword Local Exacts Domain Visits (p/m)
[hair clippers for men] 1300 hairclippersformen.co.uk 397
[best car polish] 1300 bestcarpolish.co.uk 239
[wireless printer reviews] 880 wirelessprinterreviews.co.uk 560
[best wireless mouse] 590 bestwirelessmouse.co.uk 257
[bbq tool set] 210 bbqtoolset.co.uk 108
[bedroom fridge] 91 bedroomfridge.co.uk 132

Would consider a bulk sell.

Thanks

Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom