Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

RioGames.com

Forum Rules:

"No Olympic Games related domains may be posted for sale here, they will be removed immediately"

Forum Rules:

"No Olympic Games related domains may be posted for sale here, they will be removed immediately"

Maybe it's for someone called Rio (like Rio Ferdinand) playing some games

Wales. Where men are men and sheep are afraid.

RioGames.com

Offers invited

Like Olympic athletes, Olympic trademarks enjoy a privileged status. The Olympic trademarks are protected by a statute over and above ordinary trademark protection. According to Rule 7 of the Olympic Charter, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is granted ownership of the Olympic rings as well as the Olympic flag, motto, anthem, identifiers, designations, emblems, the Olympic flame and torches (the “Olympic properties”). All rights to any and all of the Olympic properties belong exclusively to the IOC, including rights to their use such as in relation to profit-making, commercial or advertising purposes.

The IOC regularly issue UDRPs and the ccTLD equivalents against anyone registering any name containing the word "olympic".

As to how the IOC could possibly take exception against the word "Rio" would be an entirely new ballgame. In addition to the tens of thousands of gTLDs and ccTLDs (containing "rio" but NOT "olympic") there are now over 6,100 people who have pre-registered/ their domains in the forthcoming .RIO suffix shortly to be announced by ICANN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own an "olympic " domain and I left one to expire ( had it for years ). Never heard anything from anyone.. "We" have previous use of the term.
"Rio games" have nothing to do with olympics ..

Forum Rules:

No such domains have been posted here.

Depending on the market, the game "Angry Birds" as produced by Rio Games.

In addition, I registered RioGames.com back in 2004, many years before Rio had ever even mentioned as a possible Olympic host city.

Last edited by a moderator:
No such domains have been posted here. Did they make you a moderator or are you just a freelance busybody Tifosi?

Depending on the market, the game "Angry Birds" as produced by Rio Games.

In addition, I registered RioGames.com back in 2004, many years before Rio had ever even mentioned as a possible Olympic host city.

You know as much as anyone the intended 'purpose' of the domain, and the potential of putting the site admin in a difficult situation.

Thanks for the email Chris. Colourful. I suggest an anger management program, and a hope that we never meet in person. I don't 'have a problem with you', just with your attitude.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom