Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Rules for the release of 2LD in .uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I registered an account at scanmypost.
However I still got the email from nominet saying they couldn't verify that address and they would delete all my domains in a month blah blah.
I just got a typical helpful response from nominet:
'at registration we would require all the details you submit for the .uk to match the .co.uk' - this was *after* I asked how people outside of UK could register .uk domains. She obviously doesn't know or understand that if you registered a .co.uk with an address outside of UK you can never use those details to register a .uk.
This is becoming a usual nominet unnecessary farce.

I registered a .uk the other day just to check out the procedure for adding my ScanMyPost address, that address is attached to the domain and was validated by Nominet the same day I regged the .uk, no email received about validation of the address.

I registered an account at scanmypost.
However I still got the email from nominet saying they couldn't verify that address and they would delete all my domains in a month blah blah.
I just got a typical helpful response from nominet:
'at registration we would require all the details you submit for the .uk to match the .co.uk' - this was *after* I asked how people outside of UK could register .uk domains. She obviously doesn't know or understand that if you registered a .co.uk with an address outside of UK you can never use those details to register a .uk.
This is becoming a usual nominet unnecessary farce.

Scanmypost must be doing a roaring business as I signed up today.

Ironically, I still have to use a PO Box when registering a matching .uk - otherwise the application gets rejected for non-matching addresses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom