Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recent articale on DNJournal featuring David Bently may make some of your eyes water!

Sedo welcomed just under 100,000 new members to our global domainer community, and closed approximately $25 million worth of domain sales, including some stunners like website.com for $750,000, annuity.com for $600,000, and recycling.com for $300,000," Bentley said

In context this could mean:

< $25 million dollars turnover
3 domains = $1.65

leaves $23.35 million for the rest great I here some of you say, not quite!

On the average day sedo sell approx £37,000-00 worth of domains if they sell

10 a day thats £3,700-00 and a 0.00033 reaching your domain
20 a day thats £1,850-00 and a 0.00067 reaching your domain

Of sales percentage assuming 20 domains a day .co.uk's amount to 0.028 percent of volume

Most of us know that sedo have had several more significant sales above the average shown (thanks to admin). 1 in 3 reported uk domain sales (via sedo) sold for 1,500 and over (69 domains) with a combined sales value of 370K with each domain averaging £5,360.

In reality this means that your domains have no chance of selling (0.000019%) especially the .co.uk's and if they do sell approx £500 quid average, but you may have to wait approx 100 years to sell it

For legal reasons:

This is not meant to reflect factual data, nor do I assume that all data has been provided. It does not represent or indicate sedo (sedo.com or and other group member) or any other domain resellers sales nor is its intent to present any domain reseller in bad faith in whole or in part or provide users with data to analyse future sales. I do not suggest this is professional advice, just the ramblings of an olebean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom