Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling on Sedo.com

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any luck selling domains on sedo or is domainlore the go to place for .co.uk domains.

Thanks,

Barely ever get anything through Sedo. Have done better with Uniregistry/DomainNameSales.com

Ive just sold a domain through Sedo, the first one through their platform for a few years and it wasn't even a very good domain. Forgot it was on there to be honest.

Remember you also now have the option of domainmanage.uk with a marketplace but I'm sure it's not as well known as DL and Sedo yet, not outside of this forum anyway but people on here are getting offers/sales.

Over the years I've had a few sales through Sedo . Your probably best just putting them-up there and forgetting about them (fixed price, which you can always change in an instant) Sales tend to come out of the woodwork even after years. I don't list with them at the moment

Last edited:
I've sold more on SEDO than anywhere else. Although I find their commissions offensive so I have recently moved my portfolio away

I try to avoid using Sedo at all costs, crazy high commissions for sales and a backwards buying system. Plenty of better options including uniregistry. Nice however to have someone on from Sedo, though they typically don't last long on here :D

I've sold more on SEDO than anywhere else. Although I find their commissions offensive so I have recently moved my portfolio away

Exactly the same reason I've pulled all mine away to.
over the first few years I had quite a few nice £xxx to £x,xxx sales at 10% commission that I felt really happy about, then a couple at 15% charge then last year, a mid £x,xxx sale with a 20% commission charge. I got talked to like a naughty Schoolboy when I questioned the 'non-transparency' of the of the originating sale (yes I do know their commission structure) and then told all my sales portfolio had been removed from sedos sales. Probably due to my 'aggressive questioning'.
* waited nearly a month for one sales payment to come through, even though the transfer had been accepted the same day'.
Trouble with Sedo is they come across as acting purely in their 'own interest' at times. And really don't treat you the domain-holder,(the one paying their wages) as a Client.
Doesn't help that their sales and parking pages are like something out of the first days of the internet

Last edited:
I've not used Sedo for a long time but bought 2 domains through them last month. (Last resort. tried everything else to contact the sellers)
The website seems a lot better than it used to be but i can't say the same for the service. Seems to be the same slow/poor response from customer services. Especially once they have your money. I'm still waiting for the domains to be transferred.

As for selling, moving away from Sedo was one of the best business decisions I've ever made. I do believe however that if you domains are good enough, people will find them no matter where/how they are listed for sale.

I do believe however that if you domains are good enough, people will find them no matter where/how they are listed for sale.
Indeed, though I did at first think Sedos linkage to some major domain registration services a possible great shop window for Gtld sales. But at 20% commission I think NOT. Must be a temptation to charge every domain sale at the top-rate (with No transparency) if you've agreed to that additional sales platform or is that me just being Cynical.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree that Sedo (like any other company) definitely has to keep on working to get things better. We are not a huge company with hundreds of thousand employees but approx 150 people. I realize that it is still a lot, especially in this business. As a broker I always work on a win-win base and all the sales colleagues that I know do that too. There are several options to sell your domains, Sedo is one of them.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom