Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_co_uk SEO name

Reaction score
SOLD

Last edited:
Someone sent a PM offering £80 if I'm willing to do this:

add it to your Google webmaster (Search Console) to confirm that there are no "manual" penalties

I'm guessing that means having to login to nominet, set nameservers, upload domain to my webhost, then add to Google. If so, far too much messing about, so don't ask for things like that.

[edit]

I forgot I can change nameservers at DomainView without logging in to Nominet, so the person making the offer can check Google themselves when they give me their nameservers.

Last edited:
Update on this, the interested buyer added the domain to their Google console, and after waiting 24 hours for DNS to finally propagate, the domain is not penalised.

As such, they said their £80 offer still stands, so I'll set an end time for any further offers on this of tomorrow (Nov 16th) at 6:00pm, if no further offers received by that time, it sells for £80, cheers.

Thanks for the bid, Sam. I've let the PM bidder know that any further bids will need to be placed here, same applies to anyone else making a bid, cheers.

To be fair to the other bidder in topic and anyone else thinking of bidding, after telling the PM bidder that any further bids needed to be in topic, they replied saying they were under the impression that I'd be selling to them for £80 if there were no manual penalties, which there weren't. That they must have misunderstood me, and if they knew their research would be used against them, they wouldn't have wasted their time on it.

I'm not sure why they thought I was selling only to them, and it was their choice to use their time to check out the domain before deciding if their offer still stood. As with all my for sale topics, I'm open to PM offers, but that doesn't mean if you make an offer it's yours for that price, I'm not aware of anyone who sells to the first offer they receive shortly after posting a domain. As with all my sales posts, if an offer is made via PM, the sales topic is updated to include any offers and to set an end time.

They also said that even though the domain doesn't have any manual penalties listed in Google, they're pretty sure that it has a penalty that is stopping it from ranking well on Google, they said it had a penalty before (2009) and the company behind it that owns gambling .com dropped it as they weren't able to rank it well.

That would be to do with what they wrote in their other PM, and which is why they wanted to check the domain for penalties in the Google console:

I ask because there is nothing indexed atm + in one of the articles it says: "Media Corp said it didn't know why gambling .com and MYDOMAINABOVE .co.uk had been punished by the search engine giant" (but this was in 2009 so hopefully there is no "spam penalty" there now)

No manual penalty was found in the Google console, and they said it was ok with them because they hoped that even with a possible penalty, it would still pass link juice to their other sites in that niche, and that putting a site on the domain and ranking it was not part of their plans.

Just letting people know so that they can decide whether to bid or not, and I'm quite happy if @j4md0nut wants to withdraw his £100 bid, will PM him with update now.

Thanks for confirming Sam, cheers.

Sorry, just seen time, not intending to snipe

£125

I've also got to go and move my car now, back shortly, if you get another bid will you extend it please?

Your bid extended the end time to 6:10pm, so should have enough time to park a car :)

Last edited:
Sold to the man parking a car :) Will PM you payment details shortly, cheers.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom