Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Silly season sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear Raymond Munro,

Our registrar is in the process of acquiring WORKINGATHOMES.COM. We are sending this email to everyone who might benefit from owning this domain.

If you are interested in buying WORKINGATHOMES.COM, you can make an offer here: ekoreference.net/200386miwuhi

After successful acquisition of the domain we will contact the person with the highest offer.

Thank you for your time,

EkoDomains Sales Team,
234 Hudson Ave,
Albany, NY 12210

Just as some are noting the end of the click-currency season. Now starts the domain sellers silly season.

I wouldn't mind but only my Mum calls me Raymond

I'm really just pointing out a classic and recent example of bad "domain pitching". Following on from some pretty good discussion and posts here on Acorn on selling domains and approaching end-users this scatter brain/gun approach is still out there in abundance.

Lets agree its a terrible use of the 'plural' of the term even if it does receive some type-ins, So the gain to me is *don't take any enquiry or email from EKO domains as originating from a competent source.

Last edited:
I'm really just pointing out a classic and recent example of bad "domain pitching". Following on from some pretty good discussion and posts here on Acorn on selling domains and approaching end-users this scatter brain/gun approach is still out there in abundance.

Lets agree its a terrible use of the 'plural' of the term even if it does receive some type-ins, So the gain to me is *don't take any enquiry or email from EKO domains as originating from a competent source.

It would only be a bad example if it didn't work - and I'm certain it will work over and over again.

As for the scatter gun approach, it's a numbers game. Knowing that X% will respond, the more emails you send, the better. At $399 a pop, ten replies a month (and 70-80k names drop every day so there's a lot of scope to get those ten sales) is $4,000 a month (give or take a dollar) for feeding lists of domains into an automated system.

Remember, they don't own the domains. They simply send out emails regarding names that are expiring. The actual domain name offered to you isn't a good one, but they won't even look at the names. The whole process will be automated.

Now, I know your a good bloke diablo But, I'm going to pull you up on this one :confused:

One thing I always subscribe to - Is check my own facts before posting a criticising comment (ie to my thinking, it's forgivable to get the good guys wrong but, unforgivable to paint a good guy black) as I would have done.

'workingathomes.com' is not a dropping domain that is on someones capture list - (I understand that model and have no problem with it) But hey, I should have pointed that out at the begining.

I'm going to start another thread this evening about "representation" - In the hope of steering the new entrants towards not only a good model approach - but also a more effective one.

Last edited:
It certainly would have been a dropping domain - EkoDomains are well known for doing this.

They email potential customers when a name is pending delete - so their window of opportunity is only a matter of days.

The fact that it is now available to register is because nobody wanted it when it dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom