Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SMS.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any details yet? Price?

Reading that article is suggests that they had hoped that the Network Operators would bid in a frenzy for the domain. As most off the operators promote their OVA sales via WAP Browsers from the handsets themselves, I would assume the networks wouldn't want to spend the money of branding and marketing the SMS.co.uk domain, when they have most handsets pre-set with their Network as the handset homepage.

In my opinion, sms.co.uk would be better for a third party OVA content provider as a side line. Again most content providers advertise on the Impulse buy, i.e. advert in mag, send a short code message to 11111 with text Tone name. Advertising asking users to remember to goto sms.co.uk and order the tone may not be as appealing as that impulse purchase.

meinthecorner said:
In my opinion, sms.co.uk would be better for a third party OVA content provider as a side line. Again most content providers advertise on the Impulse buy, i.e. advert in mag, send a short code message to 11111 with text Tone name. Advertising asking users to remember to goto sms.co.uk and order the tone may not be as appealing as that impulse purchase.

Sounds interesting :p

Hollwood-internet.coms website quoted 15k, that has now been removed from the site......

15k would be about right :)

The domain definately has massive potential as well as an existing stream of traffic from type-ins.

15k would be a bargain in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom