Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Testing a pseudo B2B sales channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am about to take out a full page ad in a consumer-facing magazine that's also (apparently) read by most of the relevant online merchants, dealers and distributors in that particular niche.

The magazine reaches 40,000 via print and online, but I'm ignoring the 99% (or whatever it is) of readers who happen to be "buyers" rather than "vendors" and pitching straight to the latter.

It will be interesting to see if I get any traction - at the ad prices I was quoted, it will be a profitable exercise if at least 1 out of the 25 closely related domains I'm listing for sale actually end up selling, and a VERY good deal if any more than that sell.

I'll post an update in a few weeks when I've had the chance to evaluate how things worked out, but this is by way of "priming the pump".

Have you tried anything similar in the past Edwin ? When's your publication date ? It sounds like a bold move to me so best of luck.

It reminded me for a minute of the old days when the National newspapers used to be full of domains for sale.

No, not really. I've done some tech ads before and brochure drops at conferences, but never gone for a non-tech niche. Will be very interesting to see if it works or not. Publication is supposed to be around the beginning of June, so I should know fairly soon.

Hi Edwin, I'm shocked at the lack of replies here :shock:

So good of you to give the results of your marketing, I have seen you do so many things over the years at the cost of your own money and time.

Good luck and all the best 8)

Thanks. The web banners (part of the overall package) are already live, and the main ad should be published in a couple of weeks. The circulation is about 10,000 print and 30,000 online readers, but I'm not really too fussed about that side of thing in any case since it's the VENDORS and DEALERS I'm hoping to interest, not the potential buyers of their products.

Fascinating thread as ever Edwin. I've thought about this, for example, I have some names around a certain religion and their celebrations and wondered if I advertised in the press for the religion (read by followers and the businesses who supply them) if I would get any return.

Be fascinated to hear your results, best of luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom