Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The Impact Of Deleting Being Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After a short period of time, how are you coping in the main? Personally, I'm just trying to sell up and concentrate on other interests, perhaps it was the kick in the teeth I needed to go back to the affiliate market for a bit. I could still spend money and do partnerships to get back in but I think I'll give it a rest for a while and have a proper clear out. And I'm trying to do exactly that.

Your thoughts and your experiences please. A bit of added opinion, it's a shame nominet have been such cowards and so quiet on this, they broke their own terms and conditions, shy away and hide, nevermind hopefully the people and friends of deleting are doing something behind the scenes still.

Cheers
Lee

Put it this way - I haven't registered any domains since deleting went under.

I haven't booked any spaces with any catchers since either.

My plans for becoming a member have been shelved.

My fault for being lazy and not having my own list? Probably.

not that lazy... i noticed gse didn't drop! ... your far too modest ;)

i must admit.. i'm missing deleting... DAC I have .. list I can make... making them work together is a different story! "blows dust off old perl manual" ... any help appreciated... :)

Put it this way - I haven't registered any domains since deleting went under.

I haven't booked any spaces with any catchers since either.

My plans for becoming a member have been shelved.

My fault for being lazy and not having my own list? Probably.

Seriously... maybe deleting could start a private members club or something. Maybe there's a legal loophole where we can join their company to have access to the results we used to see.

This idea would need to be reworked but if we were seen as part of the entity'deleting.co.uk' then maybe they wouldn't be seen as sharing a substantial amount of the info because we would be a single entity....

Anyways can anyone advise on creating lists and scripts? I have a php book here... can I do it with that :confused: :rolleyes:

Prblem is that most people with knowledge might not want to talk about this... any nice teachers out there...

Looking around the threads in here the last 24 hours or so, it sounds like alternatives are already being developed and offered. Why not take a look at those?

some useful advice thanks edwin!.. :rolleyes:
Looking around the threads in here the last 24 hours or so, it sounds like alternatives are already being developed and offered. Why not take a look at those?

edit: sorry .. i was being flippant... i think its best to weigh up all the options before committing to any of the recent "obvious" proposals...

Personally... i can probably get hold of the code to query the DAC for less than the current options... deleting was a useful convenient option...which stimulated & promoted uk domaining in general...

cheers Steve

Last edited:
I believe for most people the word lists are harder than the DAC access. Your mileage may vary, of course!

After a short period of time, how are you coping in the main?

i doubt i'll register many more .co.uk domains, i have a few on a list, then that'll probably be it !

unless an alternative to deleting appears or i figure out how to use the DAC
to make my own lists.

Send me an email to dale(at)hubbardmedia.com and I'll send you a list of .uk domains dropping today, plus details of my service. No PMs please.

I haven't registered anything since deleting went either.
On the upside i've turned to developing my existing, on the downside I'm doing more work in my job as I haven't got deleting to look at!
Still can't face removing it from my favourites though!

I'm almost ready to catch but it seems a lot more hassle without deleting!

Perhaps theres a dac user out there who no longer uses it could run andrews code on a site without the who got what part? :???:

Hello Jay, as you're reading this thread, any feedback on exactly how Nominet's technical interpretation was flawed and the resulting decision over the top?

Cheers
Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom