Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Three letter domain - Democracy - Please vote

Should three letter domains be allowed in the Premium sales section?

• Yes - All 3 letter .co.uk domains should be approved

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No - All 3 letter .co.uk domains should NOT be approved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only dictionary word 3 letter .co.uk domains should be approved

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Only certain 3 letter domains with particular letters should be approved (run another poll)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I have no opinion of 3 letter domains one way or the other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In the interests of democracy please cast your vote as to whether we should allow three letter .co.uk domains into the Premium Section.

Also, please state in this thread any opinions for and against lll.co.uk domains, their quality, what you consider a premium lll.co.uk name etc etc

All thoughts and opinions grately received.

Rich :cool:

Should there by a poll on the thread?

I'll say yes, an lll.co.uk is guaranteed to raise at least £200.

I think you should add another option: Only if the price is in £x,xxx region

I think you should add another option: Only if the price is in £x,xxx region

That makes no sense... What denotes if a three letter domain is worth £xxxx? We need a guidline, a basis for approval and that is why I started this thread.

Anbody can create a premium thread and ask £xxxx for a domain. If that is the case then every lll.co.uk will get approved if people ask over 1k for it. You may as well tick 'Yes' to all...

"Only dictionary word 3 letter .co.uk domains should be approved "

ABC.co.uk
AAA.co.uk
BBB.co.uk
etc I would say are very good :)

That makes no sense... What denotes if a three letter domain is worth £xxxx? We need a guidline, a basis for approval and that is why I started this thread.
The seller denotes the price when he puts it up for sale. Whether someone buys it is another point all together.

However, approving sub £500 domains in a premium domains (typically selling for £x,xxx) section seems ridiculous.

"Only dictionary word 3 letter .co.uk domains should be approved "

ABC.co.uk
AAA.co.uk
BBB.co.uk
etc I would say are very good :)

That would be this option: "Only certain 3 letter domains with particular letters should be approved (run another poll)"

And in that case we would run another poll. Of course, dictionary word domaind would be included in this type of three letter domain as well.

The seller denotes the price when he puts it up for sale. Whether someone buys it is another point all together.

However, approving sub £500 domains in a premium domains (typically selling for £x,xxx) section seems ridiculous.

If someone put car.co.uk up for sale in the premium section for £500 (unlikely I know, but possible) should we not approve it?

This is why the description IS 'typically selling for'... It gives everyone a guidline but doesn't rule out that some domains under that value can be added to that section at our discretion.

This is why I started the poll, to allow you, the members to make your own opinions known so that we may change the guidlines / our descision making process if needed. :)

Incidently, I am in no way having a go at you bensd, this is merely healthy discussion.

As is/was iow.co.uk - is that in the dictionary?

Probably on the IOW :)

I bought 6 LLL's last night and have sold a couple recently.

Prices from low £xxx to decent £xxxx

All 'XYZ' style ones.

All outside of Acorn though.

potentially any LLL could go for a 1k. Also it saves you mods wasting time deciding is domain is worth £750 or 1k - and given that most are around £500 its not like their constantly going for £35...

I think it's fair to say that most people would consider LLL.co.uk to be premium names, even if they are worth £400 rather than £1000.

I'd vote for changing the premium thread rules to "Premium £x,xxx+ plus LLL.co.uk"

Thats great Rich, your link is sending me round in circles. :D

Sorry Lee - That is the permalink to post #9 in this thread which I was hoping would answer your thoughts in post #10 :)

I consider 3L combos as follows...

Premium

- Pronounceable and real words, zet.co.uk, sex.co.uk etc.

- Where the first two letters are made up from the following letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T and the third letter is either A or C or S or G.

Semi-premium

All three letters are made up from the following letters... A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T

On the whole, I consider the rest reseller fodder with limited end-user potential. There are of course exceptions.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom