Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pound sterling managed to break its own record it set 2 days ago, it is now lower than lowest in 3 decades.

It would not surprise me to see a string of Tory cabinet resignations over the next few days (as is happening with Labour) as Remain-leaning MPs walk away and let the Leavers "own" their result, and its consequences.

Being balanced - Surely the remain vote is also only 48% of 72% and therefore equally as invalid?

None of the votes we have are a real majority because people just don't vote in them, as the system stands at the moment you can't make people vote so we have to accept that they don't want to be included and don't really care what happens whether on a local, national or international level.

Ignoring exceptional circumstances (which will be only a very small percentage of voters), not placing a vote can only suggest you are happy to agree with decision made by those who do vote.

Everyone had the ability to vote, indeed 2 million voters were added after the official deadline, if they didn't feel strongly enough to vote that was their decision. The majority of those who bothered to vote choose leave, that's as fair as it gets.

I voted leave but I see both sides, it was very close even I will concede enough leave voters were protesting against the government itself not the actual vote as to have had remain win but we have what we have. I would not be surprised if the government puts us into a recession with it's time wasting delaying article 50. A sort of forced "we told you so", Cameron will be very angry right now so he isn't going to care, a recession will not affect him and his cronies.

Last edited:
So basically this thread has turned into the other thread that is now closed, and the title of this thread doesn't make sense, not unless the UK have now decided leaving the EU wasn't enough, and we wish to leave ourselves too (imploding). To be honest, getting bored of it all already, no longer have the news on, all the same doom and gloom, recession, big mistake, dayZ, internal fighting. Maybe the so called experts that run this country shouldn't have been given this responsibility after all!

You're right, it's definitely good for exporters. Pity that the UK imports tens of billions of pounds more than it exports, though...

Hmmm, if only something would happen to boost exports...and make buying British raw materials more attractive :D

Right-hand panel shows Cameron at the EU emergency meeting in Brussels tomorrow (hint: he's not the dinosaur!)

182e4c009fb3012f2fe600163e41dd5b

So basically this thread has turned into the other thread that is now closed, and the title of this thread doesn't make sense, not unless the UK have now decided leaving the EU wasn't enough, and we wish to leave ourselves too (imploding). To be honest, getting bored of it all already, no longer have the news on, all the same doom and gloom, recession, big mistake, dayZ, internal fighting. Maybe the so called experts that run this country shouldn't have been given this responsibility after all!

Couldn't agree more, the vote should never have happened but it did. Yes the news is depressing but again hyped up, the Bank of England simply needs to step in the bolster sterling but they are delaying that as well for some odd reason, as I say there is something fishy going on with all of this now. I think with the government reality has set in, they are not in control if they allow people to vote and they are not liked.

It would not surprise me to see a string of Tory cabinet resignations over the next few days (as is happening with Labour) as Remain-leaning MPs walk away and let the Leavers "own" their result, and its consequences.
I suspect you will be wrong again there. Hopefully anyway.

Couldn't agree more, the vote should never have happened but it did.

"The vote should never have happened"??

Wow....the very fact that the majority of voters voted against the status quo is proof that it should have.

How many people voted tory in the last general election, mainly, in part, or entirely, because Cameron promised to hold a referendum?

The leaders of the Leave campaign are suggesting we will retain access to the Single Market.
This means we have to keep paying in without any say and we keep free movement of labour.

The amount of money we pay and 'uncontrolled' immigration were probably the two biggest arguments in the campaign, and now it seems both positions have been abandoned.

I wonder how leavers feel about this - what are we actually getting out of Brexit?

"The vote should never have happened"??

Wow....the very fact that the majority of voters voted against the status quo is proof that it should have.

How many people voted tory in the last general election, mainly, in part, or entirely, because Cameron promised to hold a referendum?

A majority voted the Nazis into power. Majorities are not always right. In this case it is quite clear the majority were pretty badly informed, given the surprise at the outcome

Right-hand panel shows Cameron at the EU emergency meeting in Brussels tomorrow (hint: he's not the dinosaur!)

182e4c009fb3012f2fe600163e41dd5b
More likely this...

Note who the captain is.

Attachments

• cartoon4.jpg
    cartoon4.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
A majority voted the Nazis into power. Majorities are not always right. In this case it is quite clear the majority were pretty badly informed, given the surprise at the outcome
This is about forward thinking not lamenting the past.

The leaders of the Leave campaign are suggesting we will retain access to the Single Market.
This means we have to keep paying in without any say and we keep free movement of Labour.

The amount of money we pay and 'uncontrolled' immigration were probably the two biggest arguments in the campaign, and now it seems both positions have been abandoned.

I wonder how leavers feel about this - what are we actually getting out of Brexit?

When leaders like Corbyn says the truth that we cant have a cap immigration while in the EU with access to the single market, he was attack for saying so, its looks like people like to be lied to.

In life we usually get what we ask for, we might not just know that we actually ask for it in the first place.

This is about forward thinking not lamenting the past.

This means we have to keep paying in without any say and we keep free movement of labour.

the way I see it is that the people will elect a government to decide how we go forward. As I said earlier if the control of immigration is not in their manifesto they will trail behind UKIP.

This is only my opinion and I appreciate others opinions will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom