Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The vote should never have happened"??

Wow....the very fact that the majority of voters voted against the status quo is proof that it should have.

How many people voted tory in the last general election, mainly, in part, or entirely, because Cameron promised to hold a referendum?

Sorry I'll explain that, I voted leave but I voted to get control of the country back from the EU not a protest vote against London. Your point is 100% valid regarding voting for the tories at the last general election, my comment meant Cameron put everything on the line to win a general election, I doubt any other party anywhere would have done that. I am delighted he did, my comment meant as made the fatal mistake of assuming he'd win, he took the electorate for granted. I guarantee if another vote was held remain would win by 15%+ if people voted for what the ballot paper meant. Protest voters say leave as a vote against the government. I am delighted he did it but in all honesty if you were Cameron would you have made such a commitment to win a general election you were likely to win anyway just to get a few more seats. I am not even confident the vote will stand right now. I think if the EU quickly introduced better border controls, westminster could use the Scottish and Irish veto as an excuse and simply not block it. I don't think this is over yet by a long shot. So I am delighted the vote happened but it was probably assumed they would win or it would never have been on the table.

the way I see it is that the people will elect a government to decide how we go forward. As I said earlier if the control of immigration is not in their manifesto they will trail behind UKIP.

This is only my opinion and I appreciate others opinions will be different.

I think it's quite unlikely that UKIP could go from 1 MP to a majority.

What interests me is how people feel about having voted for Brexit on the basis of promises that have now been shown to be lies

Last edited:
The leaders of the Leave campaign are suggesting we will retain access to the Single Market.
This means we have to keep paying in without any say and we keep free movement of labour.

No it doesn't.

The US has access to the single market.

They don't pay in.

They don't allow free movement.

Stop making this shit up.

The leaders of the Leave campaign are suggesting we will retain access to the Single Market.
This means we have to keep paying in without any say and we keep free movement of labour.

The amount of money we pay and 'uncontrolled' immigration were probably the two biggest arguments in the campaign, and now it seems both positions have been abandoned.

I wonder how leavers feel about this - what are we actually getting out of Brexit?

I am disgusted, I see now why they do not want Farage involved, he would not allow it. Immigration was a key issue, I can see brexit not happening, I really can. There will be a revolt, I would be happy enough if the EU introduced sensible border control reform and allowed more independent law reforms. I knew straight away when Cameron delayed article 50 there were going to issues. This is tearing the country apart (quite literally in the case of Scotland and NI) needs to sorted fast not dragged on.

No it doesn't.

The US has access to the single market.

They don't pay in.

They don't allow free movement.

Stop making this shit up.

Every country have access to the single market, difference is the terms of the access, reason why US is conducting another terms with TTIP

I am disgusted, I see now why they do not want Farage involved, he would not allow it. Immigration was a key issue, I can see brexit not happening, I really can. There will be a revolt, I would be happy enough if the EU introduced sensible border control reform and allowed more independent law reforms. I knew straight away when Cameron delayed article 50 there were going to issues. This is tearing the country apart (quite literally in the case of Scotland and NI) needs to sorted fast not dragged on.
This is interesting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-legal-legislation-constitution-a7105181.html

yes, who did ? @Adam H

No, I don't do anything regarding any form of moderation unless its blatant spam. But looking at the logs it looks like you've merged posts/threads into this thread this morning so maybe it took the title of the thread you moved into it or it was an accidental change.

Oh come on,
Come on what? you might find it funny or see a different message, the same message cans till be delivered without showing people drowning.
A lot of silly images have posted without people actually thinking of the implications, there was one about "f*uk the Polish" do you think a Polish guy will laugh at that?

You guys need to understand that you might only be trying to crack a joke or pass a message, but some people do take laws in their own hand and act on the information you are just stating for a different reason.

The lunatics that kill Lee Rigby are black British from Nigerian parent, but another lunatic nearly kill an Asian doctor in a supermarket, because to him they are all the same and he is revenging Rigby's death. Both of this incident is purely mis-information and both are the same crime for different reasons which is base on hate.

You might condemned all the attacks on immigrants but what you don't realise is that messages that comes out of your statements can be acted upon by people with unstable mind.

I don't want to go on about this but we all have a duty of responsibility to be careful.

That picture is very wrong and like I said I pray he will never ever have any reason to put his family on a dingy for any reason whatsoever.

Come on what? you might find it funny or see a different message, the same message cans till be delivered without showing people drowning.
A lot of silly images have posted without people actually thinking of the implications, there was one about "f*uk the Polish" do you think a Polish guy will laugh at that?

You guys need to understand that you might only be trying to crack a joke or pass a message, but some people do take laws in their own hand and act on the information you are just stating for a different reason.

The lunatics that kill Lee Rigby are black British from Nigerian parent, but another lunatic nearly kill an Asian doctor in a supermarket, because to him they are all the same and he is revenging Rigby's death. Both of this incident is purely mis-information and both are the same crime for different reasons which is base on hate.

You might condemned all the attacks on immigrants but what you don't realise is that messages that comes out of your statements can be acted upon by people with unstable mind.

I don't want to go on about this but we all have a duty of responsibility to be careful.

That picture is very wrong and like I said I pray he will never ever have any reason to put his family on a dingy for any reason whatsoever.

The humour comes from the wording....Cameron wanting to discuss niceties whilst the ship is sinking. How else is it to be depicted?

I don't think you understand what the single market is :-(

I think I do.

Do you understand the difference between being part of a single market & having access to a single market?

China has access to the EU single market. It does not pay in. It does not allow free movement of labour. It is not part of the single market.

The humour comes from the wording....Cameron wanting to discuss niceties whilst the ship is sinking. How else is it to be depicted?

Its all humour, that's all it is, why show people on a dingy trying to enter a sinking ship, I guess it should be the other way round, people get on a dingy and moving away from the sinking ship nots towards it.

I guess you have not been watching the news reading about people on a dingy trying to get to Europe.

You can carry on with the humour but that is a tasteless one, this is a forum where we have people from different race, ethnic and background not a forum were we have most NF supporters which you wont find somebody like me and you can carry on with the humor with like minded people.

Next time a disturb mind read "f*ck the Polish" and thinks I do have a Polish living at the end of the street, its time to F*ck him up, by the time you stop laughing at the picture another family life is ruined.

Please you might want to ignore the other message on the picture but not everyone will.

do you actually find this picture amusing, this is human misery and I pray you and your family will never find yourself in any miserable situation in life.

It's called satire. I accept that it's an alien concept to some.

If you object to the cartoon, may I suggest you complain to Facebook, start a petition or tell the man who drew it.

It's called satire. I accept that it's an alien concept to some.

If you object to the cartoon, may I suggest you complain to Facebook, start a petition or tell the man who drew it.

Off cause, its satire, you will probably break it down properly for me to understand.

Another picture saying "F*ck the Polish is a satire too"

Its funny how satire is usually best serve with people or situation that is not US, as long as its them, its okay.

On the issue of the sinking ship cartoon ...

For me this is a difficult one. Some people will see more in it than others, and for them with good reason.
Does that mean we should ban these cartoons ... the issue then is in free speech.
But, should we also not be able to respect the fact that some people will be offended?
What's the answer? I don't honestly know. I believe in free speech, but I abhor bigotry and racism.

The reason that this is difficult for me is that I grew up with bigotry.
My parents were French, I was born in the UK, and had a French accent till my mid teens.
I was constantly bullied at school and my nickname was Frog.

Then there was that stupid phrase "French surrender monkeys" ... Very funny for many people, not for our family.

My father was one of the troops that was set up to defend the evacuations at Dunkirk.
He was captured and sent to a prisoner of war camp in Germany.
He escaped, made his way back to France and joined the Maquis (French resistance), and fought from the mountains of the Auvergne.
He lost many friends, family, and his first wife believing he was dead started a relationship with another man.

Okay, not strictly relevant, but this is part of my history which explains why I get upset when I see what I regard as trite comments about the French and the last war (which thankfully haven't been any).

Many people will find that cartoon offensive. We cannot just dismiss them. It's all part of understanding other people's point of view, which is surely what a grown up democracy and people should be doing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom