Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UKREG Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just made a bit of an error and I was wondering if anyone can help me out that has a UKREG account.

I caught a domain with dropcatcher and I wanted to put this into my UKREG a/c. I got dropcathcer to change the IPS tag from theirs (CHC) to the UKREG one which is FASTHOSTS.

The only problem is now when I go to transfer the domain to UKREG in my a/c it says that the domain is already in use on the UKREG system. I guess because the IPS tage is FASTHOSTS.

A*se, I'm guessing I should have done this the other way round, or can someone help?

You seem to have done things the right way, could be that the previous owner had it in a UKREG account and it is still in there??

Grant

I thought I'd done this the same way before, so yes I think you may be right. There's no way of me telling I guess, as I can't remember from the whois who had it before or indeed who it was hosted with/by. I suppose I'll have to e-mail support, they are usually pretty good but I just couldn't be bothered to dig out my u:, p:, pin:, what I had for breakfast last tuesday: .....

Thanks for the response, I think this is the only possibility, I found a bug in their system, at last!!

As an update on this, and I guessing something that will help other UKREG customers...

The domain that I caught was already in someone elses UKREG account. I contacted FASTHOSTS Support who in lightening quick time confirmed this.

The following web page explains the process of getting it out of their a/c and into mine:

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/domains/domainrelease/

Kind of begs the question why leave expired domains in people's accounts and what would be the harm in admin deleting it from the previous owners account?

Bit of an a*se really as the domain isn't really that crash hot for the hassle of this. So, I'm just requesting name server change. Will be interesting come renewal time when it's still sat in the other person's account ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom