Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Web Hosting UK

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by cm1975, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Web Hosting UK?

Someone in our company has suggested it for a Dedicated Server and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

What server spec / requirements do you have?

Matt

4. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

I have worked few customer who are hosting with Webhosting UK luckly they all have managed dedicated server so wheneven I need some module installed or need help from technical support guys I got it fast and effectively. Server speed and was also good, in all I can recommend them as I have worked on their servers for couple of months and thing were great.

5. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

This is your company, isn't it?

As is RSHosting and WebHost.UK.Net? (webhostinguk.com, rshosting.com and webhostuk.net all look similarly aligned - similar addresses, same ASN, same UK datacentre).

6. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

Lol I am not that rich to own this companies and I am not sure about DC you are talking about as well, I feel sorry for you Russell, I understand your frustration.

Hope someday I try your hosting to recommend you :)

7. getmein United States

getmein Active Member

I used WHUK for a number of years for a dedicated server, very reliable and decent priced. Support when I needed it was ok, not quite as proactive on security as others. Left them when they needed to move me within the datacentre and I switched over to webhostingbuzz. Very pleased with Matt and his team - pricing is keen and support is good. I've still got a WHUK VPS, so they are still a solid choice, but I'd rather have a personal connection with the owner of a business, just in case....

8. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

No frustration here. Just trying to bring some clarity to the ownership structure (many of your domains are owned by one of the above companies?).

You're welcome to try us at any time.

9. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

There certainly seems to be some domains offered in the past by him that are registered to webhostUK LTD, such as helpdeskit.co.uk.

10. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Just for clarity it was webhosting.uk.com that I was talking about.

11. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

I have already said I use their service for domain registration and web hosting for my customers as well as me .. those domains which are of my customers are I dont wish to maintain I get them registered with them directly. I have also traded some premium domains with them so we have good relations with them.

12. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully you can appreciate the unusual circumstances. So some of your customers domains have a registrant of Web Hosting UK, instead of their own name, and you have offered some of these domains for sale on AcornDomains?

13. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

I do kind of search domains which are expiring and to get them instantly registered I get them done though them go more than 500 domain .. at times some contact details I change while I am selling, its a normal process for me. I am concentrating to grab the dropped once on the day the are released for this the contact at times remain unchanged.

I really dont want to argue on this as its my thing and I handle it my way, I was here to share my view for my experience for the question asked.. not I dont know why am I pulled in. .. But I would be on cloud 9 if I was the owner.. I would not have sold domains :p that are dropped.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  14. mdrussell

mdrussell Guest

Confusing for me too which is why I originally brought this up. So you are honestly not involved in any of the hosting companies (all of which seem to be the same) that I brought up?

15. mtalk India

mtalk Active Member

I should have suggested Godaddy and 1and1 as well so that even that would be mine in that case :D

16. ABCV Saudi Arabia

ABCV Active Member

I feel that you're failing to understand the situation. In the given circumstances I would have also thought you have a more intimate relationship with WHUK than you let on.

Like, for example, why would domains that YOU supposedly own and listing for sale be registered in the name of webhostUK LTD? Fair enough that you may have used WHUK as the registrar BUT it should still be in your name and not theirs, as the registrar only their tag would be listed on the WHOIS.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.