Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Where's The Money? These days

Wheres the money

• Apps

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Authority Sites (Blogs / Affiliate)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Churn & Burn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crypto Currency

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Domain Flipping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling to end users

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Focusing on offline stuff

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apps and games, especially games for kids. Or if were purely talking about domaining, hoping an end user comes in with a mindblowing offer.... :)

Whore houses and drug dealing

I'm with DaveP. Mobile apps and games.

Rather than domaining, we should have been mining bitcoin...

I recently sold a .co.uk to a whorehouse. From what they were saying business is a booming... erm... banging. Just for a ballpark figure mid £xxx,xxx per year just on the house cut.

Sadly they bought the name at the bin so no negotiation, but knowing this, damned!

Whore houses and drug dealing

I think the answer has to be something else. Had there been more of a fanfare regarding the launch of .UK, then I may have said end users, but I think .UK is still very much an unknown domain ... if not just an additional cost.

Hard to answer unless one does all those things.

Find what you like doing, if it makes you rich, bonus.

Sex and drugs n sausage rolls.

Monetising apps isn't easy, you really have to make it free then rely on in app purchases. There isnt a big amount of money in having ads unless you have big traffic, just like with websites.
I'm working on a game at the moment, thought the game was good but monetising it isn't so easy.

I've given up on domains and churning out naff sites.

Sex and drugs n sausage rolls.

Monetising apps isn't easy, you really have to make it free then rely on in app purchases. There isnt a big amount of money in having ads unless you have big traffic, just like with websites.
I'm working on a game at the moment, thought the game was good but monetising it isn't so easy.

I've given up on domains and churning out naff sites.

Wasn't Flappy Bird reported to be making $30,000 a day? :eek:

Kim Kardashian has spent the last 10 years building her brand, not chasing the money - that's where the money is.

Started off with a sex tape didn't it; one hell of a way to start building your brand lol.

& a famous father of course.

Adult.....if you know what you are doing.........the amount of activity and traffic on those sites is mindblowing

Im surprised by how many have voted for Authority Sites albeit only 5 votes at the time of this post.

Im not surprised to see none have voted for domaining! The market seems so stale. Im personally not renewing my nominet membership and will focus on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom