Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Why you should accept lowball offers

Reaction score
We have probably all had lowball offers for domains with comments attached such as

"I am only a poor student"

or

"we are a charity / non profit"

How about this comment when I declined a recent lowball offer...

"Ah that’s a shame, I really like the domain as the name is after my late friend who sadly passed away this year"

o_O

Recent declined lowball offer :cool:

"I cannot afford those prices – I can offer you £129 which 10 times the cost of the renewal – I appreciate that the mistake was nothing to do with you but I also feel that a 1000% increase is more than fair.

That is a shame. Please let me know if you change your mind."

This is one of my recent favourites:

I think i am so crazy that paying so much for a domain. summer is here, i don't even have an electric fan. if i am a rich person, i will buy it immediately, not need to be so slow. please forgive me.

Negotiation 101: get seller onside...

"I thought this was just an arbitrary amount you´ve assigned to this domain .... as is the practice of domain squatters."

"I have a peg leg and seasonal affective disorder. Please transfer your domain to me immediately. It could be the pick-me-up I need!"

Just kidding.

I did used to own a place name though, and I'd get lowball offers, followed by "you don't really live there do you!" comments when I refused, as if we had to exchange contracts on home soil.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom