Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

domains dropping(not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone noticed someothing wrong with domains dropping last few days? ive checked my lists but they seem to be way out. ive been told nom messed up but cant find the details. any ideas much appreciated

found this Latest News so im assuming there wil be no domains dropping for a few weeks? and if so isnt that good timing with what is going on with dac changes? so when the domains get back to normal you cant check lists on new dac system..

found this Latest News so im assuming there wil be no domains dropping for a few weeks? and if so isnt that good timing with what is going on with dac changes? so when the domains get back to normal you cant check lists on new dac system..
I think it was a combination of bad weather and a protracted Nominet software update, for a three-day period corresponding in February to what's dropping now.

I also think it'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dale

I caught domains yesterday, there's just not many names on the lists.

Didn't domainers break into Nomland and smash up the email machine to stop emails going out so that these people with top names would not receive an email to renew and then forget.

Or is that what someone probably told BERR. Sure I saw a report about it in the Governance review.

It should be back to normal tommorow, last thurs, fri, sat they dropped almost all 92 and 99 day domains whether they were detagged/directly reg'd or not.

Grant

Hmm, that does sound like there won't be any drops! Nominets record of completely screwing up almost every change/upgrade is beyond belief!

Grant

News on the street is no (normal) drops until 18th June :(

Looks like it's development time

;) ok. well it isnt what i heard from nominet themselves on friday so should be interesting...

Well, if you read the news article on Nom's website it would seem like a month of no drops to me :-(

The problems were due to changes implemented on the 4th of Feb and they started reissuing renewal reminders on the 13th March (the ones that should have been issued on the 4th Feb onwards).

That's my take on the situation anyhow.

- Rob

Latest News

The news is there.

To me is says 6 weeks (not-pro rata) extentions to relevant domains, which says to me a month or so with no drops.

I meant to put NOT-Pro Rata, so if the name expired on 10th Feb or 3nd March, its getting 92/99 days from 13th March to drop, not an extention from its actual drop date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom