Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

domains dropping(not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know Dale :)

I havent seen anything drop off the list I'm watching (only about 20 things that wasnt really worth paying more then £6 reg fee to me) :)

I just re-read the notice again, and I can't see how they can be dropped unless they have the not required tag, which I have only seen twice, or they are recently cancelled but they wouldn't follow 92/99 would they ?

I'm hoping there are still drops but not holding my breath and its not just the odd one that had the not-required thing.

It does say "affected", as to which is any ones guess.

Surely if no notices was sent out for 5-6 weeks, then all domains in that time block other than manual cancels, and such like would be 'affected' ?

I gotta meeting at 10am so I better get a few hours sleep, and hopefully when I check before I go there will lots of green dots :)

I'm sure I just saw uaop.co.uk drop, I added a load off the list, so they are indeed dropping, right now I'm, def gone :)

So far I have noticed 5 drop since last night, I just got home from my meeting and re-ran my list :)

I'm seeing several drops today but only 1 which isn't detagged.

I'm seeing several drops today but only 1 which isn't detagged.

I agree with Dave on this, I just caught a DETAGGED domain, but nothing else seems to be going. None I was watching went yesterday.

Caught just got me a tagged name. So some are randomly dropping.

Not fair, dummy out the pram time :)

Just getting the hang of this uk dropping game and something messes it up.

Been in the .com dropping game since 2001 though, so nominet is still a far cry better than I Can't ;)

.com is a bitch, I used to be in that, nominet is a whole new learning curve.

The fact that there is no set times always did me in on .coms, all all the partnerships formed in the last 5-6 yrs make it a joke.

Aye, .com is a monopoly, and if you want a .com it IS going to auction. Simple as that.

Hope nominet don't go down that route.

I wonder if all the drops will reset at the end of the period so that they're still 92/99 days out from the new drop date, or they'll all drop at once, or what? It's very weird having just the barest handful of domains dropping each day.

It's my understanding that 4 batches will be sent out to registrants at random intervals.

In which case, unless something changes on the Whois we literally won't know when anything will drop. Bonanza for the smaller catchers, as the big players are still presumably going to stick to focusing on 1-2 "excellent" domains per day. But of course the waiting is going to be painful :)

It's my understanding that 4 batches will be sent out to registrants at random intervals.

How is that in keeping with "Restart the renewals clock"? The way I read it is that each daily batch will be delayed and therefore maintains the 99-92 pattern.

Restarting the renewals clock for the registrant, not for the dropcatchers. We don't know when the clock is restarting from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom