Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

domains dropping(not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 4 seperate batches.

We will start sending emails to registrants on 13 March 2009. There will be four email batches sent based on the renewal dates of the domains.

in 4 seperate batches.

We will start sending emails to registrants on 13 March 2009. There will be four email batches sent based on the renewal dates of the domains.

The 4 batches of notification emails is standard as described;

1. On expiry: we notify the registrant one day after expiry if we have not received a renewal request.
2. Suspension warning: sent 23 days after the expiry date to warn the registrant that the domain name will be suspended in seven days.
3. Suspension notice: sent 30 days after the expiry date to advise the registrant that the domain name has been suspended.
4. Cancellation warning: sent 83 days after the expiry date to warn the registrant that the domain name will be cancelled in seven days.

It's all a bit vague though. Does it mean they will ALL be sent the first email on the 13th March?
So why say "based on renewal dates" if ALL of them start the cycle on 13th March.

Surely someone knows what it exactly means but keeping it to themselves :)

It's all a bit vague though. Does it mean they will ALL be sent the first email on the 13th March?
So why say "based on renewal dates" if ALL of them start the cycle on 13th March.

Surely someone knows what it exactly means but keeping it to themselves :)

I assume no.

It doesn't say that.

I have a good idea, time will reveal what happens.

It does sound like they re-issued all reminders on 13th March and that the 92/99 period starts on that date for all. If true, then 13th and 20th June are going to be incredibly busy, but I imagine they'll release them at random in batches over a period of days after that?

The email they send says

....The expiry date for your domain name has not changed, but you now have 30 days from receipt of this email to renew your domain name before it will be suspended.

So if all the initial emails were sent out in one day it looks like they will all drop together in theory - in practice it will all go wrong and noone will know what the hell's going on :)

Grant

The email they send says

So if all the initial emails were sent out in one day it looks like they will all drop together in theory - in practice it will all go wrong and noone will know what the hell's going on :)

Grant

couldnt have put it better myself :)

I've got around 60 renewal required domains where the renewal date falls in with those affected by this and I haven't had one email from Nominet regarding the problem!

Mark my words folks, this has gone tits up already :)

Grant

cpl greywings just bagged a nice one, what i cant understand is hes supposed to be out looking for bin larden and there he is catching generics..

cpl greywings just bagged a nice one, what i cant understand is hes supposed to be out looking for bin larden and there he is catching generics..

mate I've got taliban.co.uk it's them that are now looking for me :D

hahah great stuff good catch mate :)

Yes, Congratulations GW, very nice catch. Will it be up for auction on domainlorf soon?

Has anyone got any ideas on when normal drops will resume?

yes mate it should be on domainlore.co.uk start tomorrow and run for 7 days.

are we talking about hotspot.co.uk?

I would have had out it around £40-£50 if I was selling it on here, looks like I need to go back to valuation school.

Mid June I think for other drops, maybe around 15th to 20th although some people say emails still haven't gone out so it's all guessing at the moment.

yes mate it should be on domainlore.co.uk start tomorrow and run for 7 days.

are we talking about hotspot.co.uk?

I would have had out it around £40-£50 if I was selling it on here, looks like I need to go back to valuation school.

Mid June I think for other drops, maybe around 15th to 20th although some people say emails still haven't gone out so it's all guessing at the moment.

Yes, talking about hotspot.co.uk it's a common phrase for wifi access point and has a lot of searches. Could be used for other things aswell. I'll see how the bidding goes, already at £100.

Cheers for the info re drops also. As much as Ive been loving development (and quantum mechanics) missing catching ;)

I didnt think hotspot would drop, due to who it was regged too an it was direct with nom wasnt it ?

I didnt think hotspot would drop, due to who it was regged too an it was direct with nom wasnt it ?

Not sure mate I never checked who it was regged with, nothing stood out when I had a quick look. So honestly don't know what it's status was.

Never considered wifi, just thought it sounded a nice travel name. Sometimes can't see the wood for the trees, what a thicket I am sometimes.

I would have let that go for £30 - £50 if I was selling it on here genuinely.

Cheers
GW

WiFi is the place to hit with this :)

I'm sure it was to like a kitchen appliance type company, I can't remember which, I just remember thinking it was a brand name type affair and regged direct.

hotspot.co.uk

Hawaiian Tropic Europe Inc

3 Whitestown Industrial Estate
Tallaght
Dublin
IE

No registrar listed. This domain is registered directly with Nominet.

Registered on: 03-Mar-1997

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom