Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo: LotterySyndicate.co.uk 4,599 GBP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just sold LotterySyndicate.co.uk via sedo for £4,599

Pretty happy with the price. I originally bought the domain few years ago from Edwin.

I've been promoting a lottery syndicate with it called lovemylotto, which pays monthly ongoing commission..

The domain was sold without any content/website.

I've started using the .uk now )

New buyer already pointing it to their lottery business.

Last edited:
Very nice sale hopefully this is a sign of things picking up

So you sold without the .uk... and now you're using the .uk? This whole split of UK domains is a complete mess and is going to really impact the UK domain market in years to come (if domains still have value in years to come!)

Defo agree, I still think alot of buyers don't know about .uk nevermind the public

So you sold without the .uk... and now you're using the .uk? This whole split of UK domains is a complete mess and is going to really impact the UK domain market in years to come (if domains still have value in years to come!)

I have sold a few domains to end user recently and none have wanted or taken the .uk when asked

Just sold LotterySyndicate.co.uk via sedo for £4,599

Pretty happy with the price. I originally bought the domain few years ago from Edwin.

Congratulations on closing a nice sale.

The morality & ethics of it all stinks a bit imo.

If I sell a domain to and end-user I inform them of the .uk and that the rights to the .uk come with the .co.uk, and if it's a post 06/14 2 domain package they're both bundled.

I educate them not take advantage of them. I'm not having any of them come back with gripes or potentially legal issues of omission. Yes, I know there's due diligence etc.

If I sell a domain to and end-user I inform them of the .uk and that the rights to the .uk come with the .co.uk, and if it's a post 06/14 2 domain package they're both bundled.

I educate them not take advantage of them. I'm not having any of them come back with gripes or potentially legal issues of omission. Yes, I know there's due diligence etc.

Thank you! I was going to find the time to write something similar but you've said it perfectly!

It is highly likely that Mally knew of the offer/sale before registering the .uk as well, as the .uk has only been registered 3 days!

Last edited:
The issue though is the domain I listed on sedo was the. Co.uk, no mention at all of .uk - on the sedo listing.

As far as I'm concerned they are buying the. Co.uk and not the rights to the .Uk

The issue though is the domain I listed on sedo was the. Co.uk, no mention at all of .uk - on the sedo listing.

As far as I'm concerned they are buying the. Co.uk and not the rights to the .Uk

A very, very grey area here. It doesn't look like the buyer checked for .uk rights before the deal, or wasn't aware of the .uk - Maybe he is happy with just buying the .co.uk and didn't want a horse to flog in the bargain. Sedo are a big part of this problem in not ensuring the clarity of .co.uk sales and rights to .uk - I thought that last year they were looking into minimising confusion (I say minimising because they'll not be rid of it completely). With DL you know what you're getting.

It would all depend on whether the .uk was registered at the time the negotiations begun.

If it was then the sale of the co.uk on it's own is lawful.

If the .co.uk had the rights to the .uk at the time then the .uk should not have been registered and should be included in the sale.

It's not just a civil matter but criminal as an act of fraud or theft has occurred.

Grey area may give you mitigating circumstances for any sentence if you had no prior knowledge but anyone with lots of domains could find themselves being penalised quite heavy.

the morality & ethics of it all stinks a bit imo.

If i sell a domain to and end-user i inform them of the .uk and that the rights to the .uk come with the .co.uk, and if it's a post 06/14 2 domain package they're both bundled.

I educate them not take advantage of them.

+1

Obviously it's impossible to apply this to post 06/14 domains where the .co.uk and .uk have been caught and split across 2 different owners. For example i previously bought the same name in both extensions but from 2 different auctions /owners on DomainLore. I have since sold both, together. However would it have been immoral to have sold these separately? Probably not as it was 2 separate purchases where i may not have even won both auctions or even had the chance to buy both.

So it does make it difficult to apply any rules to older pre 06/14 domains considering the above scenario because once the .uk rights have been registered, they are 2 separate domains regardless of what anyone says, and without any rules outlined by Sedo it will be down to the sellers own morals i think until Sedo do!

It is different if the seller has registered and subsequently kept the .uk since agreeing to sell the .co.uk... that is indeed a little less ethical but less so if they have registered it well in advance of a sale i reckon. This is only the beginning of how messy things are going to become from now on!

Last edited:
Congrats on the sale.
Where the uk rights are in place I see the .uk as part of the negotiation tactics. It can work many ways as an up sell, a deal breaker or a reason to accept a lower price as potentially in this occasional. I would offer the uk but Let's be honest if I was spending this much money on a domain I would do my research into what I was buying and the alternatives available. To the buyer beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom