Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why we should be looking at the FTSE 250 and not the FTSE 100 to gauge the impact of Brexit

You pays your money & takes your choice...

FTSE 100
ftse.png

FTSE 250
ftse250.png

There's quite literally no point whatsoever showing graphs with a 30-year axis! It's what happens to the markets on a timeframe of weeks to months that affects pension funds, investment decisions and a myriad of other things.

It is a simple statement of fact that it's the largest correction in % terms since 1987.

In cash terms, it's likely to be the largest correction ever since a % of a large number is much larger than the same % of a much smaller number.

As I've said before, the main reason our markets are holding up relatively well is that users of other currencies are buying up our distressed assets at a steep discount

Nonsense. Take another look at the graphs.

I'll try again, since it was never my assertion in the first place, but that of the Financial Times.

The last time the FTSE 250 dropped 14% over 2 consecutive sessions was in 1987.

Standard & Poor's has just downgraded the UK to AA, with a negative outlook. That's the last of the AAA ratings gone.

I'll try again, since it was never my assertion in the first place, but that of the Financial Times.

The last time the FTSE 250 dropped 14% over 2 consecutive sessions was in 1987.

I apologise. It was the second worst 2-day session since 1987. I have about 30 tabs opened in 2 browsers to track all the live feeds and updates, and got in a bit of a muddle. Sorry about that, gimpydog.

I can only speak for myself, but I voted out to reap the benefits for the rest of my life, and for my kids lives....not for what happens immediately after the vote, or even for the next three years or so.

Markets go up, markets go down.

The FTSE250 is the best barometer, I agree. Friday's falls took us back towards the level the index was back in February and earlier in June. Today's falls took us a bit past that, but we're still well up on 2013.

http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/stock-market-summary/ftse-250

The interesting thing is the sorts of companies that are being routed. AA has fallen some 25-30% from their value on Thursday. They're almost 50% down on their 12 month valuation.

Is that justifiable? Is it arse. This is a big buying opportunity if you have spare cash.

I apologise. It was the second worst 2-day session since 1987. I have about 30 tabs opened in 2 browsers to track all the live feeds and updates, and got in a bit of a muddle. Sorry about that, gimpydog.

Life us to short Edwin, just enjoy life for the wonderful thing that it is.

That sounds like my daily internet browsing habits :rolleyes:

Standard & Poor's has just downgraded the UK to AA, with a negative outlook. That's the last of the AAA ratings gone.

And I bet that's made your day?

Every silver lining has a cloud.

At least it's making someone happy.
I don't suppose you watch the football , you would have loved it.

Just when it can't get much worse the England football team are humiliated by Iceland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom