Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

uk 100+ domain auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
UPDATE: 40% of new target £7,000 reached. This could really happen! Please make your bids (big or small in the thread below)

Another go at a Frank style auction. New Years sort-out and New Years pricing.

Click here for the link to the spreadsheet containing all the domains and current bids.

Some premium/generics (including bowl, issues, vpns, poses)
102 London Geo/Suburb names (including Paddington)

What's new since my last auction? Or new from the other auctions?
1. Many of the domains I previously listed have since sold (iu, holy, sjw...)
2. Lower price expectation for the remaining domains
3. Anyone who bids on a domain will see the auction BIN prices after it has closed. The highest bidder will be given priority in accepting the BIN price during the 24 hours after I send out the BINs.
4. A column in the spreadsheet for the 'steal price'. The steal price is different to the BIN prices sent out after the auction. If you offer the steal price for a domain, it's yours. You will not have to wait for the auction to end. All domains in the sheet have an immediate steal price.*

*This of course has an effect on the dynamic of the auction. If you are bidding on a domains and see some domains taken out of the running rest assured that the target (currently £7500) will be reduced up to the steal price value depending on the name sold. For example if someone offers a steal price of £500 for a domain, the auction target may drop by an amount up to £500.

Key details
  • Auction will run from today until Monday 5th January
  • If the grand total of all bids meets the goal of £7500 the auction will immediately stop (even if before 5/1/15) and highest bidders must all make payment before the domains are transferred.
  • If the grand total isn't met by 5/1/15 then the highest bid may still be accepted or they will receive the BIN price along with others who bid in the auction. The highest bidder has priority during the first 24 hours after the auction to accept the BIN price.

I'll try and keep the thread/Google Docs file updated with bids/totals etc. Steal prices and the target may change so keep checking back and make offers early and often! If you are keen to make an offer on a set then feel free to PM or list in the thread and we'll work it out.

I really want the auction to run it's course here but should a sale at the steal price (or greater!) occur off the forum, I'll update here.

Matt

Last edited:
Thanks Helmuts - Now 1% of the way towards the target!

Auction Note: Pevious bidders (from the August auction) bid 2k on the domains listed. Hopefully the 7.5k seems more attainable that the 28k August action despite some of the big names being sold.

Any more?

If the bids get up 2k in the next 24 hours, I'll drop the target by 500!
any bids of 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 5000 welcome!

I assume the .uk's will come with .co.uk?

bowl.co.uk £50
garstang.co.uk / .com £100
issues.co.uk £50
paddington £125
poses.co.uk £50
vpns.co.uk £50
£1 each on every other domain...

Thanks for that Ben.

Yes if I have the .uk registered or if the domain has the right, the buyer will receive it. Just check on the domains to make sure... I am pretty sure they all have it but you should check.

Was 100 for Garstang for the pair or each?

Also the £1 bid on every other domain actually buys you a few domains at that price (the steal price is only £1 on some domains)

Sheet Update:
Total Bid Value: £758
% towards target: 10%
Total High bids: 240
Target: £7.5k ***Will reduce the target by £500 if total bid value reaches 2k within 24 hours***

Key domains - high bids:
Paddington 125
Bowl 50
Garstang 100
Poses 50
VPNs 50
Morden 1
Penge 1
Oxfordst 1

Last edited:
Many thanks for all your bids so far. Let me know if I missed anything.

>>> Updated spreadsheet here <<<

Sheet Update:
Total Bid Value: £1,042
% towards target: 14%
Total domains with a bid: 240 (thanks bensd!)
Total bids: 246
Target: £7.5k ***Will reduce the target by £500 if total bid value reaches 2k within 24 hours***

Key domains - high bids:
Paddington 250
Bowl 200
Garstang 100
Poses 50
issues 50
VPNs 50
Morden 1
Penge 10
Oxfordst 1

*Remember anyone with a bid will get to see the reserves at the end but the highest bidder will have the first 24 hours to accept.

*Also all of the names have steal prices where you can buy before auction end.

*If the total bid amount increases by £958, the auction goal of £7500 will be dropped to £7000

UPDATE: 40% of new target £7,000 reached. This could really happen! Please make your bids (big or small in the thread below)

No sniping rules. Just get bids in early and often - I don't really want this to go on forever but I guess it could be extended if it's close to the target (I guess people don't really want to make indefinite offers).

Let's put the current end time at midnight GMT Monday night.

Keep in mind that the domains with bids on them will only sell for those prices if the auction target is reached. Otherwise all bidders get to see the BINS at the end with the highest bidder having the first right of refusal.

This auction target is currently £7500 but it'll drop to a £7000 total target if the current bidding reachers a total of 2k today.

Effectively if someone wants everything for 7k the auction will stop immediately and they have everything.

Otherwise if you have a £600 high bid on bowl.co.uk/.uk and the total bids in on all names hits the auction target - everything stops and you'd get bowl for £600.

I think that there are some nice bargains to be had if everyone puts in their best reseller price for these names. Last month I had an offer of £1100 for bowl from someone here along with bids of 1900, 450, 200, and 300 for paddington, issues, poses and vpns - if those people make the offers again in the auction then it's well on it's way.

Also if every domain had an offer of £29 this would also be over...

Last edited:
Paddington.co.uk £300
Thanks Dave but Paddngton is up to 2000. Check spreadsheet link.

If anyone is holding out on making an offer, keep in mind the auction is 40% of the way towards the 7k target and the best way to get the domains at the price you want is to bid early. If people see it this get to 60-80% a single bid may end the auction and names with a bid will sell at that price.

Thanks for all bids so far.

Thanks for all the offers placed so far.

A few people have told me that they're holding out to make offers but now that the total's at 40% it would be great to keep the momentum going.

The more momentum, the more people believe the target can be reached and that it's worth placing a bid.

If you wait too long then those who were on the fence about bidding won't have chance and the target might not be reached.

It's almost half the way to the target with 4 days left... early bids increase the chance of domains selling.

At the moment bensd has his £1 bids on every domain and if someone was to come along and bid £18 on each average, then the target would be reached and all would be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom