Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

12 weeks still not indexed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:confused:

I have a couple of sites that were added to google webmaster tools about 12 weeks ago and they still have not been indexed, I have done the necessary verified, robots.txt stuff but nothing, anyone else having this problem?

I had the same issue, I did a Google Sitemap and submitted a reconsideration request in great details and 3 days later, on came the spiders, and now I'm indexed :)

Pop a link on a decent trafficed site and will get picked up in a few hours, google is eating things up quicker than ever now.

get links on high PR sites, I get my domains onto google within about 24 hours.

:confused:

I have a couple of sites that were added to google webmaster tools about 12 weeks ago and they still have not been indexed, I have done the necessary verified, robots.txt stuff but nothing, anyone else having this problem?

are they worpdress sites? since v2.8.4 I think the wordpress default is no index you therefore need to change this in the admin panel if they are

Last edited:
are the worpdress sites? since v2.8.4 I think the wordpress default is no index you therefore need to change this in the admin panel if they are

True that.

Go Admin CP > Settings > privacy

or wp-admin/options-privacy.php

:)

As above says do a reconsideration request, they may have been blocked previously.

Post your domains in this thread so people can have a look.

By posting them here you should have them indexed within max 48 hours :p

Thanks for all the suggestions, I put them in my sig last night, webmaster tools still say not indexed, but hopefully in a couple of days they will.

:)

How do you know that your site is not indexed? Try doing this search on Google site semicolon(your domain name here.) If nothing has occurred then you are not indexed. Also you will want to submit and XML sitemap and add Analytics. If you are allowed signature links here then use them and make some posts. Add some links on Facebook and other highly trafficked sites. That should do the trick.

I tried using the semi colon symbol but the site replaced it with a smiley face. So use the word site then enter the semi colon followed by your domain name excluding the http or www.

Last edited:
It is index now. See the pot above yours :). Good advice none the less.

I got one indexed and appearing in google searches within 5 hours yesterday just by putting a link in my siganture on this site.

I got one indexed and appearing in google searches within 5 hours yesterday just by putting a link in my siganture on this site.

Exactly, that's often a good way. Also, if the content is relevant it can help to submit it to one of the big social news sites. That really helps with quick indexing sometimes. Of course it doesn't help if the sites in question 'nofollow' links though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom