Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

123-reg .org.uk no longer showing whois optout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Was just about to reg a .org.uk and noticed the whois opt-out is no longer an option? But it is for .co.uk. Anyone else spotted this?

Hello,

My name is Nerys and I work for 123-Reg.

I can confirm that you can still use the Whois Opt-out feature for .org.uk domain names. To use this feature your registrant type must be as an individual. Provided it is you will not have a problem.

To use the feature you need to purchase the domain name first, and then enable this feature from your control panel. You can use the guide below to help you do this:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/an...w-can-i-use-the-uk-whois-opt-out-option-1997/

I hope that helps,

Regards,
Nerys
domain names

Thanks for the reply, however, there seems to be a different approach with .co.uk and .org.uk. If I go register a .co.uk there is a section under registrant details allowing whois optout and type. This is not there for a .org.uk. It used to be and now it seems to have changed?

Hello,

Yes there is now a difference in the registration of the two types. For .org.uk domains, rather than applying the Whois Optout during the registration, you will need to apply this after the purchase via the control panel.

Regards,

Nerys

Think when they were doing there ongoing employee training (custard pie throwing level 2) one of the pies may have inadvertently hit the main servers (yet to be confirmed by Head of IT Mr. Coco) resulting in an unknown error too occur on the up side it now matches many of there other services they offer so every cloud as they say..?

^ PMSL. But seriously, why have they made this recent change... completely nonsensical?!

Hello,

This change should not have occurred, however the issue has been raised and is going to be resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime the Whois opt out is definitely still available for .org.uk ( and .me.uk) domain names, so you can still have this functionality.

Regards,

Nerys

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom