20i Reseller Hosting

1and1

Discussion in 'Domain Name Registrars' started by cav, Sep 27, 2018.

1. cav United Kingdom

cav Active Member

This is rather odd; one of my old domain names that I have through 1and1 which I set to "not renew" at expiry has been renewed by 1and1 (25.09). They have not invoiced me for it (yet) and I have checked my Nominet account and it is still registered in my name. I have checked my 1and1 account and it is no longer in my list of domains!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Grant

Grant Active Member

I think there's a grace period where you essentially have the rights, but you don't own it until you pay. I think that's 30-45 days, probably depends on the registrar. If it was going to auto-renew, it would have done so on day 1.

I don't think this is domain registrar specific, so maybe drop it in https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/forums/general-board.18/ and you'll get a response from an experienced domainer (i.e. not me).

4. cav United Kingdom

cav Active Member

It's the fact they have renewed it another two years in my name without my consent. I set it to "not renew" so I expect it to go through the usual Nominet cycle of suspension. They even sent me an email telling me it is expiring tomorrow because I opted not to renew it.