Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

A few hours after testing out bodis ........ my domains are blocked

M40

Reaction score

Update: ISP looks to be the likely cause

https://twitter.com/IWFhotline/status/1150722479624773634

Update 2:

From the massive sample size of just 3 domains.

Earnings from Bodis are at least 8x that of Sedo.

I plan to move all the domains that I am not developing over to Bodis.

I will try to add more data as it comes in over the next months.

Last edited:
Hi M40,
This seems like a clear case of a false positive as we do not and would not, ever serve ads of this nature.

Can you please provide me with further information? Have you recently come into possession of this domain? e.g was the domain caught, then later parked? It may be that the domain had previously hosted such content without your prior knowledge.

If I am correct in my presumption, you may whitelist your domain here: https://www.iwf.org.uk/content-assessment-appeal-process informing them of the change in circumstances.

Can you also please check your ISP parental controls? All of the UKs major ISPs give you a choice over whether or not to block adult content via their network-level Parental Controls.

Any questions please feel free to PM me, or email me directly (First name followed by company name).

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

James Tuplin,
Director Of Business Development
www.Bodis.com

Last edited:
Additionally and as per my colleagues response "Our records show that (the domain name) was only added to our parking system several hours ago. You seem to be the only visitor we've logged, and the only content being displayed at the time would have been our AdSense ads"

If you've received a complaint regarding indecent imagery from a third party, I can assure you that this issue occurred prior to your domain being parked at Bodis.

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 17.32.55.png

Thank you for the reply. However, I stated in my initial ticket that the block was showing on 'some sites' and provided just one example domain. Perhaps I should have been clearer in my language but at the time I was in a state of shock. The problem appears to have been caused the the ISP.

@M40 From the subject line it still reads as though we were in some way responsible "A few hours after testing........" . would you therefore mind removing our company name from the subject line. As you can imagine, we do not wish to be associated with such content in search results. I thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Thank you James. I was just trying to do that but could not find the setting. I have messaged the admin to remove it.

I apologise to James and the Bodis team. Only the admin can delete threads, I have asked them to do so.

This has caused me significant distress so I will be looking at taking legal action against the ISP Virgin Media.

I think now is the time to..... SwitchProviders.co.uk (£99 BIN) .uk is unregistered

@M40 I think you should edit your original post to remove any reference to CP as inteldigital suggested.

Reactions: M40

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom