Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any tools needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs a hug, being a loan shark must take it's toll from time to time.

These attacks on Monkey are getting boring now.
This also adds nothing to the current thread and should probably be deleted.

Can see why you have a limit of 50 now. Anything more would mean the user waiting for ages.

If you're using php you could try using flush() to force the results out line by line, it's a bit flakey though and acts differently on different servers/browsers. Failing that a progress bar or something similar would probably do while you're waiting for the results to load.

Grant

If you're using php you could try using flush() to force the results out line by line, it's a bit flakey though and acts differently on different servers/browsers. Failing that a progress bar or something similar would probably do while you're waiting for the results to load.

Grant

His built it using Java. I've recommended implementing a queue system to process requests on the backend and have the front-end poll for updates and get back what domains have been processed so far. If done correctly one can handle the 100 requests per second for the gateway and 5 requests per second for each user and get over any concurrent request issues. :)

Last edited:
So who wants a tool that can check a massive 5 domains at a time. Heh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Someone needs a hug, being a loan shark must take it's toll from time to time.

1342248390790-1.gif

Do what I suggested. I know you can do it. :-D

Just can't understand why I can't do what I want to do in Java itself, .sleep() mightn't be the best but would've thought something else would've worked but doesn't seem to be.

Just can't understand why I can't do what I want to do in Java itself, .sleep() mightn't be the best but would've thought something else would've worked but doesn't seem to be.

What are you trying to do? sleep() isn't the best way to pause a thread in java anymore.

What are you trying to do? sleep() isn't the best way to pause a thread in java anymore.

Basically I have a loop that calls a socket from Nominet but they only allow 5 a second. No matter what I do to pause the loop (tried sleep, timer, wait etc) it just doesn't make a difference.

Because of this Dave suggested using message queues and ajax polling.

Basically I have a loop that calls a socket from Nominet but they only allow 5 a second. No matter what I do to pause the loop (tried sleep, timer, wait etc) it just doesn't make a difference.

Because of this Dave suggested using message queues and ajax polling.

Without seeing your code I can't really help much, but a basic Thread.sleep(200) should limit the loop to running 5 times a second. How did you implement your thread and how is it being called?

Without seeing your code I can't really help much, but a basic Thread.sleep(200) should limit the loop to running 5 times a second. How did you implement your thread and how is it being called?

Sent you a PM with a bit more info.

The bulk whois site mightn't be ready for a good while. Busy trying to find a bit of content work and stuff.

Interested in hearing of more ideas if anyone needs stuff done.

Have been applying for jobs in big companies recently and starting to realise they don't seem to be mad to employ entrepreneurs. Thought that'd give me an advantage over other graduates but maybe not :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom