20i Reseller Hosting

Are Google making it every harder to monetize content?

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by brett, Aug 6, 2019.

1. brett United Kingdom

brett Member

It seems to me, long gone are the days of "post some JS and forget" and now there are all kinds of barries - not just quality but upon whether you have ads.txt and robots.txt working. I've just had warnings over the last days and wonder what is happening in the wider context. Quite honestly I'm thinking to totally abandon Google and go with Amazon.

Got a new site and for love or Money, I cannot see the Adsense. Wasted so much time already. QuantumZeitgeist.com

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. boxfish United Kingdom

boxfish Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about adsense websites, but if I was to land on this site and wonder if it was legit I would think:

No physical address
    No email address
    No author names or images
    No links to any social media
    No mailing list/any type of account/sign-up
    No privacy policy etc
    No registered company number

Also it seems the couple of articles I checked were duplicate content.

Not sure what google look for but what is provided on that site seems to be the absolute bare minimum

4. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

The only barriers Google have put up, are extremely good ones.

The robots.txt and ads.txt are suggestions rather than warnings; although they don't make that clear. They still put ads on your website without an ads.txt

All Google has changed is they have been stricter in allowing Adsense being placed on crap websites, which is important. At the moment, they especially seem to be targeting 'health' and related websites that try and give off 'fake' authority. Health sites giving health advice etc, when the articles are ghost written by someone not even medically trained.

I would say your site is falling into that issue. The website 'talks' authoritative and tries to 'act' authoritative by using industry and technical/'complicated' words, but has no substance behind it. Like the other person replied, who's writing the articles? Why should they be trusted, why is the website knowledgeable in this industry?

The website doesn't provide any answers to Google for that.

5. brett United Kingdom

brett Member

This is just the bare bones news site. Lots more good content in the works, but I wanted to simply check that the basics were in place to begin. Was expecting to see at least the Adsense ads, which I use for simple tracking and traffic count. I've not been doing content for ages, so happy for all the pointers! How things have changed since 2007.

6. Trauiner United Kingdom

Trauiner Active Member

Have you setup Adsense to show a solid block of colour if an ad isn't available, just so you can check you've got the code installed correct?

Currently, the Google chrome developer tools shows errors associated with the Adsense on your website.. It's showing "ads:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

This normally means you haven't added this specific website to your Adsense account and had it approved. Are you using code from another website you operate? Alternatively, it normally means the account was approved yet. There's a few other causes for that error, if you Google it. Those are just normally the main two.

7. Jiblob United Kingdom

Jiblob Active Member

The site contains the same sentence many times per page. Adsense knows of the content of a page and won't show ads if there is not enough content, it is repetitive etc.

The Google forums are littered with threads from people who simply don't have a website with genuine content that is monetisable who are wondering why they're getting no ads or they're not getting accepted for the AdSense program.

The advice is always... Keep working on genuine original content for your site and the magic will happen.

8. brett United Kingdom

brett Member

Thanks for the input. Made lots of changes and hopefully things should improve. Still little in terms of sign of Adsense showing up, but the content is steadily improving.