Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Banner Ad Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience rolling out display advertising on large websites?

Any advice on banner management software, how to filter which banners are shown on particular pages, whether there's a better way, etc. would be much appreciated :)

For instance, did you choose to manage the ads yourselves using something like adbutler? Or have you gone for Adsense/Doubleclick/one of the others?

If you've gone for a network, how do you make sure that the adverts shown are relevant?

Last edited:
We're trialling adbutler - it's v fast, pretty simple to set up and cost effective.

One downer so far - it doesn't allow for url-targeting for ads ... I do however know it's in dev and testing right now - so hopefully not long.

What I mean is :

My website has url like :

example.com/football/lalalala

I want to display ad 'A' on all url's that contain word 'football'.

This is essential for key clients and also for affiliate ads sometimes...

OpenX - ok - but too much hassle on the pre-append and append zones that can be hacked... bringing down the website and causing much grief. A bit obtuse in how it works to be fair...

DFP - bloody useless and slow to load. Can't target keywords/urls very easily - if at all...

Othewr than that we've hopped on back of agency with adtech or a.n.other but their pricing would be too heavy I think.

Thanks for the response. How easy is it to load new adverts on? Can customers do it themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom