Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Beware Brexit and .EU domains

Jeez, Seems quite harsh I can understand why from brexit day you might not be able to register that is fine but cancelling existing registrations without re course to any appeals? Shhhhh thats not the way to treat a friend but I guess there can only be cherry picking from the other side..We should either completely come out of everything or stay in everything this bespoke nonsense is starting to look like a Mirage.eu

Anyway tensions are running high in this thread on a positive note I guess most of us do not invest in .eu domains so we should be good . 300,000 less registrations only means less money for the registry I hope there is a robust campaign to alert uk businesses and individuals who use that extention. I know a few and will be shooting emails across.

Thanks for the heads up
Happy Easter!

The idea that Russia in any way influenced the brexit result is laughable. There is no doubt that the referendum was a biased, one sided affair, ON BEHALF OF REMAIN. Cameron and all of the experts, including the Bank of England, warning us of the catastrophe that would engulf us if we were stupid enough to vote leave. Then there was the £9m spent by the government to send every house in the country pro remain propaganda.

But they still didn't get the result they wanted. So what then? Call leave voters stupid, uneducated, old, etc - and try to tell us with a straight face that Russian tweets made all the difference. I haven't looked into leave.eu, but believe the majority of their supporters to be ordinary decent people who simply wanted sovereignty returned to the UK.

This thread is about the EU punishing UK owners of .eu domains. A decision that looks to have been made behind closed doors, and taken without even discussing it with the .EU registry. This is the type of thing leave voters hate - and another reason why we're better off out.

This from the express reader who described immigrants as a 'swarm' and defended it as 'just a word'.
May you reap what you've sown. Quite a lot of young people are not too chuffed with you insisting we watch the horror movie that you're going to leave after 10 minutes.

You're saying without the 'democracy' corrupted by the law-breaking, Russia-backed Leave.EU mob (this refers to that organisation, not all leave voters by the way) there would be a literal (stereotypical) mob descending on London? Perhaps have a little think about that

"Swarm" definition
Move somewhere in large numbers.

"Mob" definition
A large crowd of people, especially one that
is disorderly and intent on causing trouble
or violence.

"If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"

I have to defend my position but don't wish to
engage further on this matter.

You've cherry picked your definition somewhat old boy, swarm is a dehumanising term that refers to insects, as used by Hitler to dehumanise the Jews before the holocaust.
You don't want to engage but you've written more on the matter on this forum than any other poster, much of it inconsistent bile verbatim from the tabloids which precipitated this royal clusterfuck.
Wow! Sounds like you lost the argument. I'm out.

Hasn't that happened very recently ? I mean the last few days ?
Havent fact checked but got an email from a registrar say basically that I think.
They opened it up a little more quite recently, but it was always relatively easy to prove "a connection" before then.

Didn't a member here offer .ie drop catching? - they would know more.

Re the .eu domains, there are two parallel things to consider:

1. The T&C (that all .eu registrants had to agree to) made it explicitly clear which countries registrants could be from, and also emphasized in its own section the fact that if they were no longer eligible due to a change of circumstances the registration could be revoked at any time.
https://eurid.eu/media/filer_public...-9a7a-01d61dd91679/registration_policy_en.pdf

2. The notification by the EU was fairly heavy handed, even though it was based on the above T&C ie they may have thought they were just drawing fresh attention to a legal condition that had always existed.

The above should not be muddled up. The EU hasn’t suddenly invented a new rule for .eu that never applied before. But they haven’t communicated the situation nearly as well as they could have. So, a little inept, but hardly sinister.

Last edited:
@bonusmedia

I would encourage people to use whatever language they want because it's often very telling

(In context I mean in general conversation, obviously not encouraging people being hateful to one another, also this isn't directly about websaway or the use of the word swarm)

However, having walked out on the family we don't get to say 'see, this is what they're like'

You like to dissect what people say and throw emotive words back in their face which is ironic given your own use of words like "family". The European Union isn't a family, it's an un-elected body that is run in the same manner as a mafia. Member states give them money and in return they take their cut and then dole out payments, privileges and protections.

As for foreign states exerting influence over us (us being the old, ill educated, racists). Well it seems that your beloved EU is also a bit of a soft touch when it comes to being easily swayed because this article by the pro EU and left leaning Guardian states that Brussels is home to over 30,000 lobbyists and that "By some estimates, they influence 75% of legislation."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/08/lobbyists-european-parliament-brussels-corporate

And then we have Cambridge Analytica a company allegedly used by Russia and others to influence the results of the EU Referendum and US Presidential elections but just wait, it seems our own government used the same company to carry out research that was then passed on to the Georgian, Ukranian and Moldovan governments who coincidentally are involved in political and military struggles with Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...dge-analytica-parent-company-scl-group-list-x

We live in a rotten, corrupt World where few of us knows the truth and base our beliefs on what we experience in our daily lives. Many of those that are doing okay for themselves like to sit in their ivory towers judging anyone who doesn't have an education, a job, a house, a flash car or any other way that they measure worth.

From the dictionary examples:

The little children swarmed around the lady with the candy.
People were swarming into the auditorium to hear the guitarist.
The shoppers swarmed through the store, buying everything in sight.
The playground was swarming with children, and I couldn't find my own.

Nope no mention of holocausts or genocide there.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom