Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheapest .co.uk registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I havent bought a .co.uk domain for a few years, currently with 123reg but you have to register for 2 years there. Who do you recommend to use as a registrar cheapest and best, got an account with ukreg somewhere but cant remember my details. Just cant resist some of the great names here.
Great Resource, you should charge for this service. Good luck.

The two year registration period applies to all .uk names and is set by Nominet, not the Tagholders/Agents.

I haven't used 123reg, but UKreg (Fasthosts) have served me well, I particularly like their control panel. The cheapest registrations are probably with UK2.net, on the face of things. They claim to be the largest outfit based on total .uk registrations, but I would not recommend them.

I am also wary of automatic renewals since Hosteurope charged £1586 to my credit card back in November - after I had cancelled the service ! They have agreed to make a refund but two months later despite numerous phone calls and excuses the refund has not happened. I am surprised that Pipex (the new owners of Hosteurope) are allowing their good reputation to be tarnished by such dire service.

Yes I know that 123reg and Hosteurope are one in the same, but my dispute with them relates to another branch of the company, www.dedicated-servers.co.uk

We use 123-reg and found their control panel to be flexible too.

We have yet to get to the renewal stage so thanks for the tip.

We have found that a lot of domainers have 123-reg accounts which makes it easy to pass names on as you sell them without waiting for the Nominet paperwork to go through. Control of a name can be transfered in minutes.

We may be charging for our services in the near future but as of now rely on Donations so please feel free to use the Donate button at the footer of the forum.

Welcome and enjoy our site.

Looks like i will stay with my 123reg account then. Donation will be made when i buy my first domain, shouldnt be too long i guess with the quality of the names here.

keys said:
Hosteurope charged £1586 to my credit card back in November - after I had cancelled the service !

I am relieved to report that more than two months later, after many phone calls Hosteurope have now made a refund to my credit card. They didn't tell me they had done this, I found out by frequently checking the balance.

If they had told me in the first place that I might wait nine weeks for a refund I would have been annoyed but prepared. Too simply drag it out so long with excuses was poor service, and bad management.

We live and learn.

www.lcn.biz is my registrar.

Currently £8.81p per 2yr reg.
I'd have zero problems and good customer service!

.co.uk
-----------
And reg's go through straight away, unlike some registrars! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom